Broken

Third-person P.O.V~

Akame drove her car while thinking to herself. It had been six years since Y/n and came back with her and her team. In that time, he had only been focusing on spending time with Akira and his work as huntsmen. He didn't care about the girls or them earning his forgiveness and attempted to move on with his life. Akame sighed as she drove to her son's birthday party as she smiled at the happy occasion. Akame parked her car in the parking lot and exited her car, grabbing her son's present. Akame gulped in worry as she knew that Y/n would be there at the party. Akame sighed and walked to the party and saw her son playing with his friends and the other adults sitting at picnic tables. Akame put her present for her son with the other gifts. Akame then sat at a table alone by herself; Akame reached into her bag, pulled out a plastic bottle of water, and began drinking it while looking at her scroll. Akame then heard her name called as she looked up.

Leone:" Hey Akame."

Akame saw Leone in a t-shirt and jeans as she spoke.

Leone:" Can we talk real quick."

Akame nodded as her friend sat next to her with a concerned look in her eyes.

Leone:" Akame, I'm worried about you. I heard you got into a bar fight last week. Is that true?"

Akame eye's narrowed as she spoke.

Akame: So what if I did Leone."

Leone:" Akame, that's concerning; you have never been the type to drink, much less get in bar fights, and over that past year, your behavior has been entirely erratic."

Akame grew angry but then sighed before speaking.

Akame:" Leone, I don't want to talk about this, and it's my son's birthday, so could you get off my back."

Leone:" Alright, but I'm here if you need to talk."

Akame:" Alright."

Leone left Akame to talk to some of the other guests. Akame saw Y/n and Akira taking, Akira having a wide grin on his face. Akame looked down, thinking about what could have been if she was a better girlfriend. Akame zoned out as she went deeper and deeper into thought.

Akira:" Mom."

Akira looked to see her son standing in front of her with a curious look in his eyes.

Akame:" Yes, sweetie."

Akira:" I-I was wondering if I could go to the movies with a friend later this week later. Is that okay?"

Akame smiled as she spoke.

Akame:" Yes, that's fine, dear."

Akira smiled before going back with his friends. The birthday party went very well, and when Y/n left with Akira and their eyes met briefly met. Akame saw what looked to be anger in his eyes. Akame sighed, knowing that her mistake was unforgivable. Days passed by as Akame was seen in her huntress outfit walking into a building as she heard people speak.

???:" Did you hear that they might let Akame go?"

???2:" Well, that doesn't surprise me."

Akame was in shock at what she was hearing. Akame went to work and heard nothing about it. Akame then walked to her apartment building and opened the door to her home. Akame walked into the bathroom and saw a bottle of her persecution sleeping pills. Akame took the bottle of pills into her hand. Hands shaking, she opened the bottle and dumped a handful of pills. Akame then fetched a glass of water and took all of the drugs at once as she thought to herself. The guilt had broken Akame down over the past six years.

Akame:" *thoughts* I deserve this. I betrayed the man love twice; I'm a horrible huntress and mother..."

Akame closed her eyes as she waited for the cold embrace of death...

Y/n P.O.V~

I had just put Akira to bed as I was sitting in the dining room drinking a cup of tea. My scroll began to vibrate in my pocket. I picked up my phone and answered its call.

Y/n:" Hello?"

Leone:" Y/n! It's me get to the hospital quick!"

Y/n:" Wait, why?"

Leone:" Akame just attempted suicide!"

Y/n:" What!?"

I quickly rushed to my car and drove to the hospital as fast as possible, not caring about the traffic laws. Soon I arrived at the hospital and entered it; seeing Leone in the waiting room, I ran up to her and spoke with worry.

Y/n:" Leone, what happened?"

Leone looked down as she spoke.

Leone:" Akame tried to overdose, it says in this suicide note."

Leone handed me a piece of paper. The paper read as such " To whoever is reading this, I would like to apologize for what I have done; I am a traitor to the only man I have ever loved. I have been a horrible mother to my child and deserve to die. So goodbye, everyone..." My hands shook in shock and anger at myself. I was angry at Akame, but I never wanted her to die.

Y/n:" Leone, what room is Akame in?"

Leone:" 117."

I quickly made my way to Akame's room and hesitantly entered. I saw Akame sitting in her bed, her eyes looking lifeless.

Y/n:" Akame."

Akame looked up at me with dull eyes. I sat by Akame's bedside as I spoke.

Y/n:" Akame, why did you try to kill yourself?"

Akame looked down as she spoke.

Akame:" Because I deserve to die..."

I took Akame's hand into my own as I spoke.

Y/n:" Akame, what are you talking about? No, you-"

I was interrupted by Akame screaming out.

Akame:" Yes! I do! I betrayed you! I've been a horrible mother and a horrible huntress! Besides, it's not like you would care."

Y/n:" But Akame, I do care."

Akame:" You do..."

Y/n:" I do. And I..."

I wrapped Akame in a hug as I gazed into her crimson eyes.

Y/n:" I have been angry at you for something that you did a decade ago, and you have been broken over these last six years..."

I squeezed Akame tighter in my hug, trying to show her how much I care.

Y/n:" You have served your punishment, and I think it's time that I give you a chance to earn my forgiveness."

Tears leaked out of Akame as she spoke.

Akame:" T-thank you!"

Y/n:" But I do feel that we should start over as workplace associates."

Akame smiled at my offer and spoke. After a few more minutes I talking, I exited the room to head back home. I hope Akame is okay.

Third-person P.O.V~

Akame sat in her hospital bed, her hand over her heart; maybe there was hope after all...