Chapter 25

Little rant about the song. This is Luka by Suzanne Vega. Honestly this song is so beautiful. The lyrics, vocals, instrumentation, all are just perfect. She did a great job. Even though the song is old, it still is beautiful. As the saying goes, Old indeed is Gold. Hope you enjoy!!

Nathan's POV:

Two weeks. It has been two weeks since Em went missing and we have no clue as to where she is. We searched everywhere possible, but she was nowhere. It was as though she had disappeared from the face of the Earth. And these two weeks have been nothing but miserable, a living hell. Liv as well got really worried. We kept it away from her in the start for about three days, but then she started questioning us. We had to tell her the truth that Em was missing. And her reaction was something which would forever haunt me. Broken, the only word I can use to describe Liv at that moment.

We were a mess. I went to her home as well, but the door was locked. This confirmed one thing: it was her dad who took her. But the real and the more urgent question was Where. As time passed by, our hopes shattered a bit more. We knew that Em was a very strong girl, but, for how long could she as well hold on? I don't even know what to do, what to think, what to feel? As hopelessness and despair settled in, numbness followed. It reached a point where I was incapacitated from even feeling anything.

It was only now that I realised how much dependant I was on her. Whenever she was around, colours were all bright and vivid. There was light in my life. It felt as though I was in a paradise whenever she was around. Despite the harsh reality of my life, whenever I was with her, I could escape things for sometime atleast. People say that the life we lead is heaven and we must utilise it to the fullest. But if it truly was heaven, then there must be angels right? Where was my Angel, my Em? Without her, even the best of the best places would be living hells for me. Without Em, I was nothing. And as clichè at it may sound, it was the absolute truth.

But Liam is the one who took the worst hit. The guy who would always be laughing, the one whom I had never seen shed a single tear, was now seen constantly shedding tears. Whose eyes ones held sparkles due to happiness, now held the same sparkle due to tears. But I completely understand how he must feel. If I , who knew Em for a year or two, feel such intense pain, upon loosing her, then how would Liam, who knew her since she was born, feel. He would be...devastated to say the least. She was our candle, and by vanishing, she even took the light with her.

As I was thinking all of this, Liam suddenly got up from where he was sitting and opened his mouth and said some words. Words, which I never expected to hear.

"I think I know where Emmy is."

Emerald's POV:

Don't move, don't fight, don't show any kind of emotions. All these tricks and methods, or more like instincts of survival, kicked in. It has been two weeks of pure hell. I was tired, of all this. My body ached so badly, to the point where numbness was slowly starting to settle in. The hope I had, that I would somehow be rescued was now long gone. He had brought me to such a place, that no one could ever find me. Nobody knew about this place, not even Liam.

Things were getting worse day by day. He didn't even give me food. Just the bare minimum, to keep me alive. And due to this, all of my energy was drained. I was physically and mentally done. A week ago I would say that I was hanging on by a thread, but now, I am not even trying to hang on. I just want him to be done with me. I want to be done with. Because I really don't know how much more of this I could take. I was way past the point of breaking. Now came the waiting phase.

Waiting for fate to finally show some amount of mercy on me and finally send death to take me. For death to finally consume me, in order to end this misery. I have given up and for the good this time. I didn't have any interest in survival anymore. If I survived he would only continue this. If somehow Liam found me and saved me, dad would somehow find me again. This was a continuous cycle and would continue on like this for an infinite amount of time, until the cycle was broken. And the only way for the cycle to break, was if death interrupted it. That was something I was hoping for.

Today was as well alike any other day. He dragged me outside. The punches and kicks that he rained upon me, now had no effect on me. I had become numb. I guess even my body, mind and heart had all given up just like my soul. My dad shouted at me to answer his questions. But I remained silent. While this trick usually worked, today it only made him angry.

He grabbed me by my hair and slammed my head down on the table. Okay, this hurt. I could feel blood trickle down, at a rapid rate, down from my head. My vision started to become cloudy, black spots appearing. Guess this is the beginning of the end. He slammed my head down again, hard. And this time, my body couldn't take it anymore. It just collapsed and my vision became completely black. I heard, very faintly, a voice call out my name before I completely blacked out. But before doing so, I recognised the voice.

Liam.

(A/ N) :Hey guys. So this is the 25th chapter. Damn!! Do you think Em will be Okay? Will she survive this? Do you feel bad for Liam and Nathan? What do you think will happen to her dad? If something happens to Em, then how will it affect Liam? How will it affect Nathan? Can all three of them get through this? What will they tell Liv? Let me know your thoughts.

Don't be a silent reader. Vote and comment!!

Happy reading!!! :)