- dirty laundry

[ season 2 episode 23 ]

"I'm telling you your sock is in your jean's!" Holly said through the computer. "If I'm right you owe me 50 dollars." Holly said lying her head on the back of the chair.

"Yeah, yeah okay." Mark said rolling his eyes which made Holly smile.

They had been doing this for two weeks. After work when they were both off shift they would skype or call. And it's safe to say they have both enjoyed it very much.

"Oh God. I owe you 50 dollars." Mark said slowly pulling his sock out of his jean pocket. "You make it sound terrible. You literally paid for a muffin and a cappuccino with a 100 bill, so I'm sure you're fine." Holly said putting her elbows on the table and leaning her head on her hands.

"Oh it's your first day of work tomorrow isn't it." Mark said turning to the computer and resting his hand on his hands. Holly only humed. "Well aslong as you don't kill anyone you can say it was a success." Mark said shrugging and returning to his laundry.

"Oh what great advice." Holly said narrowing her eyes and shaking her head. "The almighty Mark Sloan, the giver of advice."

"You said it not me." Mark said turning to the camera and holding his hands in the air. As Holly bit on her cheek to stop herself from smiling.

"I hate you." Holly said smiling.

"You know you love me." Mark said smirking.

Alex stood outside her door. He was clearly eavesdropping but he was jealous and confused. He was confused on why he was jealous. He wanted to be with Izzie. He cuddle Izzie. He wanted to love Izzie. Those three phrases he'd tell himself and everytime they became a little less true.

"Alex the beast needs awakening!" Izzie shouted from her bedroom. Alex turned around and waited for a second. He heard Holly laughing and could practically sense that Mark would be smirking.

"Oh come on!" Holly said making Mark laugh. "I have been taking great care of myself thank you." Holly said taking a swig from the bottle next to her. Mark raised his eyebrows.

"It's like first day nerves again you know? Well I mean you can't actually answer that because your sisters not dead." Holly said as Mark looked at her. "Do you have a sister?" Holly asked as Mark shook his head.

"You've probably got enough kids out there though to last you a lifetime."

×××

"Hello yes I'm back, yes I'm amazing and no I don't need to be on scut because I am fine and grieved out." Holly said walking into the locker room. "Oh hello Bailey! My favourite woman." Holly saw Bailey and opened her arms up to her. "Oh come on Bailey, you know you've missed me." Bailey looked at her and rolled her eyes.