- here's to future days

[ season 5 episode 23 ]

"So the plan is, we crash Meredith and Derek's beach wedding in the Bahamas?" Holly confirmed leaning against the nurses station with Mark at her side.

"Yes, we crash the wedding and throw seaweed on them. Then we both pick one of them up and throw them in the sea." Mark lifted his head up from the chart with a wide smile, just thinking of the idea. "God we're geniuses."

Holly chuckled quietly and leant forward to him with a smile, "No." Mark deadpanned, "No kissing in public, people might get jealous of you and then they might try to steal me away but no one could ever steal me away from you."

"If they try to steal you from me, I'll beat them up. Have you seen what I've done to Izzie in the past?" Holly queried, remembering that great time her and Izzie fought in the bathroom. Ah, memories.

"I don't fancy having a girlfriend who's in prison, thank you." Mark replied.

"Just one, one singular kiss." Holly smiled when he turned around, the smile disappeared when he placed a kiss on her forehead. "Did I ask for spots on my forehead? No, so one singular kiss on the lips please."

Mark rolled his eyes with a smile and leant forward, only when shouting was heard from further away in the hospital. Causing Mark to lean backwards and Holly whining in result. "Stupid people, not letting me have my bloody kiss."

As Holly muttered, she followed behind Mark to the reception of the hospital. Frowning when she saw Daniel and his son to be wife Lola getting shouted at by Cal.

"Holly." Mark called out when she walked past him on the stairs, joining right at her brothers side.

"Brother." Holly nodded, Cal turned around and skipped past introductions and pointed at their dad.

"He's come to say goodbye. Because he loves us, oh so dearly." Cal fake-pouted at his dad, Lola rolled her eyes and placed her hand on Daniel's bicep.

"Come on honey, we should just go. It seems your children are clearly ungrateful." Holly and Cal raised their eyebrows before turning to face each other.

"Ungrateful?" Holly questioned taking a step forward, "What would I have to be grateful for? This man, is not a father. Is he even a man? You didn't even know we existed till two days ago, meaning you don't know Daniel at all. Newsflash, he's not the man you think he is."

Mark stood behind the Webstone siblings, ready to step in at any given moment. Truthfully, he was meant to ask Holly to move in but due to Holly wanting a kiss and him not wanting to give in, he had missed the moment and would just have to ask later.