- in the midnight hour

[ season 5 episode 9 ]

Holly nestled further into Mark's side as the thunder and lightning grew louder, she held on tightly to his shirt. Luckily for her, Mark was a heavy sleeper and wouldn't be able to sense how scared she was of the thunder and lightning.

But, due to how loud it was it had unfortunately woken Mark up. He removed his hand from Holly's lower back and used it to rub his tired eyes. His eyebrows furrowed when he felt someone shaking next to him. He frowned when he saw how tightly Holly was holding onto his shirt, holding it for dear life.

"Hey, Hol." Mark whispered, shaking her shoulder slightly. Her eyes opened and they were glossy and full of tears. He placed his hand back on the small of her back, running it up and down. "What's wrong?"

Just before Holly could answer another strike of lightning struck making Holly yelp and hide her face into the side of Mark's chest. "Oh." Mark said slowly, he realised that the curtains were open and frowned.

He went to get up and close them but Holly pulled him back down and shook her head. Holly went to speak but was cut off by the sounds of someone moaning in the room opposite them.

Holly suddenly forgot her fear of lightning for a second and replaced it with disgust. Holly's room may have been next to Derek and Meredith's but atleast they were able to keep it down, Izzie on the other hand.

Mark groaned as he covered his ears using his pillow, "This is terrible."

Holly chuckled as she glanced at the clock on the side table only for it to read, 2:09. Holly sighed, it was way too early for her to do anything and she probably wouldn't get back to sleep due to the lightning.

"Y'know if Izzie can get it on at 2am, I don't see why-" Mark stared speaking but was cut off by an abrupt kiss from Holly.

He smiled into the kiss and pulled away breathless, "God I love you."

Holly didn't reply only went in with a more hungrier and passionate kiss, if Izzie and the lightning were going to keep her awake then she might aswell do something, or someone, to keep her occupied.

×××

Holly and Mark were quickly interrupted by a knock on Holly's door. Mark pulled his lips away from Holly's collarbone as she shouted out to the person on the other side of the door, "Yeah I'm up, what do you want!"

The door handle shook and Holly quickly threw Mark onto the floor, the thud made the person walk in even faster, Meredith raised her eyebrows as she walked into the room. Holly with messy hair, a blanket wrapped around her naked body and red, flushed cheeks. "Oh." Meredith's face quickly turned into a smirk as Holly threw a pillow at her.