ᵗʷᵉⁿᵗʸ ᵒⁿᵉ

10×15

10×15

Aurora was sitting outside of the hospital, out of the hospital's kitchen. The place the new residents liked to hide out. And she was hiding. She was hiding from Jackson because she knew that one look from him would make her break her promise. And she had promised to stay away from him until they could find a way out of the new policy. She was not willing to put hers or his career in danger. Jo had gotten suspended from peds and Alex was out of surgery for three days. So she was playing it safe, by staying as far away from him as possible. They were taking a break.

"You okay?" Jo walked outside and handed her a cup of coffee. She noticed the distant look on her face and she was not to seeing Aurora like that.

"Yeah, I'm just in a continuous fight with myself about avoiding Jackson. And I keep seeing him everywhere because he's in around the ER today." Aurora explained and took a sip from her coffee, letting the warmth fill her in.

"You guys are really over?" Jo asked her and sat down next to her.

"Not forever, I hope. We're taking a break, because I am mad at him. When he found out about this he called me and he was like let's take a small break until this quiets down. It was like he didn't give me a chance to react. And the next day he was really sorry, but I told him that he can't talk to me until he finds a way we can be... legal." Aurora shared her story with Jo, feeling nice that she had made other friends around the hospital, apart from Derek. "I heard you got busted."

"Yep. I have to miss out on my education so they can keep me on a separate floor from Alex." Jo complained, feeling like everyone was being unfair to her. The case was a little bit complicated.

"Sorry, Jo." They fell into comfortable silence. Until a crying baby was heard. It was right next to them at the inside of a box.

Aurora and Jo shared a look before running inside to get the baby the help it needed.

"It was right outside." Aurora told Arizona. They had taken the baby at her to examine it and get some help about what to do next. Aurora was holding the baby in her arms trying to calm its cries out. But the baby was scared and alone.

Arizona took it in her arms to examine it and she noticed a scar in the middle of its chest. "What do we got here? You've had some surgeries before. Okay let's get him into the PICU." Arizona laid the baby down.

"Hey, little one, you're going to be fine." Aurora talked softly to the baby that was looking around trying to find anything familiar, but there was nothing. Aurora was really used to working with babies and kids, that what she was doing in Peru. Helping kids that had no one. "I'll get a peds gurney."

Aurora left the room and ran to get a gurney and as she was walking back she was so into getting there as fast as possible to help the baby that she didn't see Arizona walking right outside and she hit her with the gurney making her fall on the floor. "Oh my god. I am so sorry." Aurora exclaimed. "Are you okay?" She bend down on her level. "I'm so sorry, I didn't see you!"