Chapter 27: Christmas Day, 1976

HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS- Frank Sinatra (or any other cover)

JAMES POV: 

"PRONGS WAKE UP IT'S CHRISTMAS MORNING!" Padfoot yelled.

I soon felt my face being smashed with a pillow.

"WAKE UP!" He screamed.

"Alright, alright!" I groaned into my pillow.

"You need to bloody calm down," I said as I lifted my head off of my pillow to find Sirius grinning at me and a flattened pillow on the floor, which was probably the one that had hit my head.

"Come on!" He grinned.

"You've got a present from Lily!" He exclaimed. 

I immediately sat up.

"WHAT-" I started.

"YUP!" Sirius exclaimed.

"I don't even care what it is at this point!" I gasped, running up and searching my floor.

I found multiple presents on the floor, but didn't know which one was from her.

"It's the little black one!" Padfoot exclaimed.

"It says from Lily on the side," He continued.

I immediately grabbed it and jumped back onto my bed. Sirius was right. The side of the box indeed read "From Lily." I grinned and opened it. I frowned for a second, but then realized what it was. It was a bracelet! It was plain black, so I could wear it casually everyday. Perfect!

I instantly took out the bracelt and carefully placed it on my wrist, grinning like a lunatic the whole time

I instantly took out the bracelt and carefully placed it on my wrist, grinning like a lunatic the whole time. Padfoot was watching me, a bit shocked, but also eager. I looked at my wrist in excitement. It looked so perfect with the plain black bracelet on it. I almost literally squealed out loud. Lily Evans sent me- James Potter- a Christmas present! I was about to say something- I don't know what, when mum called us from downstairs.

"BOYS!" She yelled.

"BREAKFAST!" Her voice echoed through the house. 

Sirius grinned at me one more time, and soon we were both running down the stairs towards my mother's voice and the wondrful smell.

"Merry Chirtmas!" She exclaimed as soon as we walked into the kitchen. 

The table was full of breakfast along with sweets, and soon we were all wishing each other Happy Christmases and Merry Christmases until we made it to the table. Mum and dad were on one side, and me and Sirius were on the other as we talked about normal subjects.

"That's a new bracelet James." Mum said, smiling at me from across the table.

"Christmas gift?" She continued, reaching for a piece of toast.