Chapter 23: The Train Ride

ACCIDENTALLY IN LOVE- Counting Crows

LILY POV:

The past week was pretty normal and so was the Hogsmeade trip, aside from the unfortunate little soft spot for James Potter that was in the back of my head. Who cares? That's where it is, that's where it will stay. I'm convinced that it will never come out from that little spot in my head and become something else. One-hundred percent convinced. Just a little thing. No more details needed.

"Evans!" He yelled from across the station at Hogsmeade.

He liked calling me by my last name sometimes and it honestly didn't really bother me. He ran up to me and watched me curiously. I suddenly snapped back to reality and noticed my trunk next to me. I was about to grab it when suddenly, it levitated upwards and flew past me.

"Wha-" I started, but stopped once I saw James with his wand pointed in the direction my trunk was zooming. 

I huffed and straightened up.

"Admit it, it would've taken you alone much longer," James smirked.

"Oh move on Potter." I snapped, as he put on a fake pouting face.

I walked in front of him and couldn't help but smile when I heard him giggle and follow me.

"LILY EVANS!" I heard Sirius yell as I stepped onto the train.

I was about to fall back out, and I was glad that I didn't because I knew who was behind me, and that he would a thousand percent take the shot to catch me.

"SIRIUS BLACK!" I yelled back, stepping onto the train.

"Lily?" I heard Mary ask behind Sirius.

"LILY!" I heard a different girl shout, obviously known as Marlene, AKA the female Sirius Black.

"We were beginning to think you had gotten lost!" Marlene yelled sarcastically as she pulled me into a compartment.

Because she pulled me way too excitedly towards the compartment, it caused me to accidentally stumble next to the compartment into a student with his back turned to me. I didn't fall, I just stumbled a bit and hit the figure lightly, as he turned around immediately.

"Sorry-" I began but stopped immediately upon seeing the face of the figure.

He was angry and started to protest, but his face softened at the sight of me.

"Severus," I said coldly greeting him and turning around. 

He started to say something, but I immediately shoved Sirius deeper into the compartment, as he was watching the scene, which made him stumble into Marlene. I didn't pay attention to that, and instead, pulled James into the compartment as well, sliding the door behind us quickly. James gave me a curious look, but he quickly turned his gaze to Sirius and Marlene, who were so close to each other, that they looked like they were about to start snogging. I saw Marlene's eyes fill up with passion and not look around her to see all of our friends watching them. 

"PaDfOoT." James sang, grinning.

"Marlene," I started, playing along.

"You're doing it again," I said, grinning, and pushing off the weird encounter I just had with Snape.

Marlene blinked a few times and then directed her pink face towards me.

"Doing what again?" She snapped, obviously not confident as usual, and pretty embarrassed.

"You'll be thanking Lily for shoving you into her one day Padfoot," James started, sitting down next to Remus and crossing his legs.

Sirius frowned and sat next to him, as I pulled Marlene next to the other girls (avoiding further encounters with Sirius in front of all her friends), who were both sitting across from the boys. The compartment was now full, and no space was left for anyone, which relieved me because I wouldn't need anyone else in this compartment, which is a weird thing because if a year ago, you would've told me that I would willingly be friends with the marauders and spend most of my day with them, I would've hexed you.