Chapter 2: Play it cool

HARRY & HERMIONE- Nicholas Hooper

James's POV:

I couldn't believe the bloody idiot.

How dare he call Lily the m-word?

I couldn't believe it. He definitely got what he deserved after she left, but it wouldn't make up for what he called her. The look in her eyes killed me, but her facial expression didn't change one bit. She just turned around and left. I would never be able to do such a thing. I knew Snivellous wasn't good company, I don't think he'll be in her company again even though-

"Oi! Lover boy!" Yelled Sirius at me while looking at me with his head tilted to the side as if he was admiring something.

"Yoo-hooooooooo-

"Shut your mouth Padfoot!" I said putting my hand over his mouth.

He forced my arm off his mouth and said "Is my prongsie even more in love with Lilykins now?"

While clapping both his hands together and putting him by his head as if he was dreaming. I glared at him but didn't respond because my mind was somewhere else.

"Alright then, I'm going to go to bed." I said drinking the last sip of my pumpkin juice.

Padfoot's expression changed from mocking into confusion.

"You what?!" Remus spatted out, almost choking on his own drink.

"Yeah, what he said!" Sirius exclaimed looking at me and frowning. "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk." He began.

"Spending too much time with Lily I see." He smirked.

"Not really." I replied, confused at his attempted joke.

"Just tired. See you in the dorms?" I asked not waiting for an answer.

Moony looked suspiciously at me and Padfoot was bewildered.

"We haven't even started dessert yet!" He whined as I got up.

He was starting to gain attention as more and more people looked towards us. Great Job Padfoot. Just what I needed right now.

"JAMESIE!!!" He screamed as I almost ran out of the Great Hall.

"DON'T LEAVE ME!" He screamed behind me.

The whole school now pretty much knew who we were, and how dramatically crazy Padfoot was.

I mean, they always knew, but now it's out it the open for everyone to see.

I stopped and remembered why I left.

"Oh right." I muttered under my breath.

I made my way through the castle and found the seventh floor, which was the floor of the Gryffindor common room. I found the portrait of the fat lady and said

"Magna avium."

The portrait swung open and I heard a small sniffle. I went to look near the fireplace, as that's where she always sits when she's upset.

"Evans?" I called out, with a bit too much worry in my voice.

Play it cool James.

Play.

It.

Cool.

I hoped she was sleepy or too tired to care about my presence so I carefully walked up to her and saw her cute curled up figure on one of the chairs next to the fireplace. So predictable. I covered her up in a blanket and sat on one of the chairs next to her as I pulled out my snitch. I didn't know exactly what to do, but I brightened up when I saw her smile probably unknowingly, because she would've stopped herself if she did.