"What?!"

"That's another question," he interrupts me and I roll my eyes.

"You are horrible, Derek," I mutter and he laughs.

We get to Dominic's apartment and Derek holds my hand while we enter.

Fuck, no.

No. Olivia is here. She can't see me holding hands with him or being near him.

As we enter I quickly leave his hand and he looks a bit confused but he brushes it off, and I take a bit of distance from him.

Dominic comes to us and he pats Derek on the back, while they start talking about stuff I don't understand.

They leave me alone and I pour some orange juice in a glass. Pathetic for a party but better than nothing.

"Ronnie!" I hear Alexander's voice and before I can even put down my juice, he wraps his arms around me, hugging me way too tightly.

"You are doing well, I see," he says breaking the hug, after a long uncomfortable silence.

I notice Olivia staring at us.

The good thing is that she saw me embracing Alex so she isn't going to worry about Derek, but I bet she will be all over him...

What if Derek tells her about us?

Alexander pulls me out of my thoughts and we sit on the chair near the table.

"How was rehab?" he asks me and I roll my eyes. Why is everyone so obsessed with knowing how that 'prison' is?!

"Nevermind. You look better now, though," he says and I chuckle.

"I'm glad you came. But- did you come with Derek?" he asks and his eyebrows pull into a slight frown.

"Uhm- yes," I mutter unsure if I should tell him since he is friends with Olivia.

"Come on, Ronnie, you can do better," he says and I look at him surprised. He was always forward but wow.

I spot the dark brown curls and I instantly recognize it's Shanice. I can finally thank her.

She is looking at us and she laughs. I look back at Alex, confused.

"I'm so sorry for the drugs. I didn't think you would use them," he says in a sincere tone and I smile.

"I took them from your backpack, it's not your fault." He mutters 'right' and he touches my arm for a second.

"Are you seeing Derek?" he asks out of the blue and I get confused. Why is he asking me this so randomly?

"Kinda... I guess," I say.

"Are you two dating?" he asks and I laugh.

"I'm not sure. It's too soon to say that. We are just trying to make it work after countless fails," I admit and he smiles.

"He was so mad about the drugs."

"Right, he told me to stop using them and I agree. But I don't do it only because he told me," I explain because I don't like people thinking I'm doing something because I've been asked. I want it to be my decision.