Delighted | شاد

Start from the beginning

"Someday we can go to the lake view park for the morning walk, just imagine the view", Zain said.

"Yeah, It will be amazing", Faryal replied.

They were two bungalows away from the Durrani house when they saw a dog sitting in front of their neighbor's bungalow. Faryal looked at the dog and took quick steps.

Zain stopped at his place, moved his hand forward, and uttered different voices to get the dog's attention. Faryal looked back and gave him a quizzical look.

"Zain what are you doing? come fast. Isko peeche q parhva rahay ho? (Why are you provoking it to follow us"

"Aray bhabhi don't worry, I can manage it", Zain said overconfidently.

"Are you out of your mind? Just look at its face, kithna khoofnak hai (It's very scary)", Faryal gritted her teeth and forced a smile.

"Nothing will happen, it is tied", Zain said and let out voices again while Faryal was taking quick steps to get away as she was scared of dogs.

The dog barked a few times and plunged at Zain.

"Aaaaaaaa" Zain shrieked and started running. Faryal turned her head. The color drained from her face when she looked at Zain.

"Ya Allah" she muttered.

"Help help", He yelled and climbed a tree while the dog was standing down and barking at him.

"Zain I had warned you", She screamed. The dog moved and started running towards her. She hurriedly jumped over the green belt of their neighbors, climbed the medium-sized wall, and held the fence above the wall trying to balance herself there.

"I thought it's tied", Zain yelled from the distance.

"What will happen now", She said. The dog was growling. It went back towards Zain. The slightest moment from each of them and the dog would go towards that person.

"Zain I'm taking my words back, This was your first and last morning walk with me", She screamed angrily.

"Babaaa ", She whispered, she was terrified.

"Nothing will happen, bhabhi don't panic please", Zain shouted and started getting off from the tree and at that exact moment the dog ran towards him again and he quickly climbed back.

"Stupid dog hush, hushhh", She was trying to put on a brave face. Faryal removed her slippers and threw them at the dog one by one.

"Please let us go dear dog", She pleaded this time with tear-filled eyes "Hum nay kya bighara hai apka Zain bacha hai usko maaf kardo ainda nahi cherhay ga apko (What have we done wrong to you, forgive Zain he is a kid. He won't tease you again)".

---------------------------------

Zohaib picked up Zahra in his hands and wandered around the house to find Faryal as today he was supposed to reach the hospital earlier. The house looked empty, everyone was still in their rooms.

He checked every place where he could find her but she was nowhere.

"Nadia baji have you seen Faryal?", Zohaib asked when he saw Nadia baji.

"No, I have not seen her today.", Nadia baji replied.

"Zahra, it seems like she is in the lawn. Let's check her there as well", Zohaib said to Zahra and went outside the house.

He moved his gaze around the lawn but she was nowhere.

"Where did she go early in the morning", He mumbled.