Thirty-One.

The only time I saw George after the wedding was at a few Order of the Phoenix meetings. He and Fred use their shop as a meeting spot. We mainly talked about Harry. It was actually kind of hard to be around him still not knowing how I feel about him.

We mainly talked about Harry. We theorized where he might be. Remus said he found them at a house in London, but he couldn't get it out of them where they were going next or why.  All they would say was that they were working under Dumbledore’s orders. They wouldn't tell us anything else.

My mom also told me that Remus tried to leave his pregnant wife, who is an order member that we all call Tonks. He was scared to be a father because he's a werewolf and he was scared the kid will be one, too. But he ended up going back to her after realizing his mistake.

I spent every ounce of free time that I had studying my spellbooks trying to learn everything I have forgotten over the past few years. The hard part was trying to remember everything. I could perform most of the spells easily but it was trying to remember all of them was the hard part.

Before I knew it, it was Christmas time. And we learned something terrible. On the way home for Christmas break, the Hogwarts Express was stopped by Death Eaters, and Luna was taken off the train. This made William more than just angry; he was absolutely irate. I've never seen him so upset. He wasn't just angry that she was taken, but he was worried about her too. Dad kept behind him, Magically fixing anything William broke in his rage.

William still went over to the Lovegood's house on Christmas morning to see Luna's dad because he didn't want to break the tradition of his Christmas breakfast with Luna and her dad, even if Luna was gone. We went to the Burrow about midday, and when William arrived, he asked Ginny all about what happened to Luna.

"She was taken because her father is very supportive of Harry," said Ginny, "We don't know where she was taken."

"We're going to start a search, try as hard as we can, okay?" Mom said, wrapping an arm around William to try and calm her down.

Ginny went on to tell us stories about what Hogwarts was like since Snape took over as headmaster. Attendance was mandatory, but Neville and Seamus were the only seventh year Gryffindor boys. Dean Thomas didn't come back to school because Muggle Born Witches and Wizards were being targeted by the Ministry right now. Quite a few Muggle Born students had decided not to go to school this year actually, and for good reason, too.

My dad and Mr. Weasley were lucky that they worked low rank at the Ministry, because the Ministry was crawling with Death Eaters. They're considering quitting until they know it was safe to go to work.

Irinia was proud of, yet worried for, Neville. According to Ginny, he's become a Ringleader of Gryffindor House. He's been making sure that the younger students were safe and well protected from the new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor and the new Muggle Studies Professor. They're twin brother and sister who are Death Eaters. They like to target younger students to use as target practice for deadly and dangerous curses. It was terrible to hear. 

Irina had gone to St. Mungo’s Hospital to spend some time with Neville today. When she arrived at The Burrow, she said Neville had a black eye and he told her about how he's been beaten for not using Unforgivable Curses on first year students.

I kept my distance from George, but it was hard when Fred wasn't here. He was with Gen with her family and they won't be here until later. So George was with Ginny, my siblings, and I. Bill and Fleur had decided to have their first Christmas as a married couple just the two of them.

I tried not to look in his direction, but it was hard when he was right there. I know he just had to be itching to hear some good news. To know if I had made a decision or not about how I felt about him. I still didn't know, and the more I tried to figure it out the less I knew.

I felt so bad for keeping him waiting but I knew he would wait for me. He said he would, and the Weasley family seem like the kind of people that keep their word once they promise you something. I was grateful for that. He was a great guy, honestly. That's pretty much all was certain about when it comes to how I felt about George.

When Fred and Genevieve arrived I was glad to see them, especially Gen. She and I went off alone to talk. I told her I was still confused, and I asked how George was really doing.

"He's alright," she says, shrugging, "He works late a lot. Eats his meals really late. Fred has found him sleeping in his office a few times from working late. I think he's trying to distract himself."

"That doesn't sound like he's alright to me," I admit.

"He's getting worried about the shop. They're doing fine, but he's scared that if it gets any worse that they will have to shut down for a while. It's getting bad out there. Worse than we know."

"It's terrifying out there. I can't believe that they're still open. They're brave."

"They are," Gen agrees, nodding.

"I hope nothing happens to you guys," I say, taking her hand in mine.

"It's alright," she says, "We have an exit plan if we need to get out of there. You don't need to worry about us."

But it turned out she was wrong. About two months later in late February, they had to evacuate the shop. They were the first to arrive at the Weasley's Auntie Muriel's. The rest of the family would arrive there soon enough. They even offered it to my family as a safe place and they accepted. So now George and I had to live together.

I had all of my spell books with me still. And while Fred and George were running a mail order business for their shop, Gen hung out with me while I practiced spells and she even tested me, asking me what spells did what. It was nice of her to do that. Gen and I were sharing a room, leaving Irina to share with Ginny after they picked her up for Easter.

A few nights after we arrived, George came knocking on our door, saying Fred wanted some alone time with Gen. Gen left without question and George took her bed. I didn't want to be alone with him, but I kind of didn't have a choice. There was nowhere else he could go really. Not many rooms had two beds.

"I've noticed you've been avoiding me," he says as he got comfortable in Gen's bed.

"It's still kind of hard to be around you," I admit to him.

"I know," he says, nodding, "it's hard for me, too. But since we're stuck here, maybe we could use some of our time here to get to know each other. Or you to get to know me, I should say. It might help you figure some things out."

I turned on my side and I looked at him, he was looking at me too. "Would you maybe tell me some stories? About us, I mean. Everyone tells me that we were so good together but I'd like to hear about us from you. How did we meet? Where did we have our first kiss? How did we even get together? Stuff like that."

A small smile creeps up on his lips, "Yeah, that might be a good idea."

Genevieve and Fred told the rest of the family what had been going on with George and I. They all knew what was going on, that he was helping me remember. I couldn't believe that I was so rude to him when we met and he still wanted to be my friend, and later on his girlfriend. I guess I was just angry that I had to change schools but still. I was such a bitch to him when we first met.

He told me about our first kiss, which was actually very sweet. He smiled the entire story. He told me about how he asked me to go to the Yule Ball with him, and I said yes, and how he asked me to be his girlfriend. A of it.

It took about two weeks for me to figure out my feelings. I did like him again. I wasn't in love with him again, but I definitely had feelings for him. I should tell him, but I got nervous every time I tried to, even though I have no reason to be.

Ginny came here in March, a few days before Easter. She was here for two weeks before we had more visitors. Bill Weasley showed up out of the blue with Ollivander the wand maker, Dean Thomas, and Luna. I have never seen my brother so happy. He ran over to her, hugged her tight, and had he even teared up. Seeing them together again was such a relief. He's been so upset since she got kidnapped. It made my heart so full.

I wanted that. I wanted love. I wanted someone to love me the way my brother loves Luna. Then it hit me that I did. George was right there, just waiting for me to tell him how I feel. I just had to tell him. I had to tell him. 

I did that night, after dinner. We were in my room, like we usually were. Usually he did the talking, but tonight I started the conversation. "Luna being back has certainly got me thinking."

"Oh yeah? About what."

"Well," I say, "I've been keeping something from you. I have feelings for you again. I'm not in love yet, but I definitely have feelings for you again. But Luna coming back and seeing my brother so happy finally gave me the courage to tell you."

I don't think I've ever seen a more adorable smile.

"Come here," he said after a moment. I listened and I walked over to him where I stood in front of him and he wrapped his arms around my waist. He was so tall that I faced him perfectly and he was sitting on the bed. He lifts one of his hands up my face and he grips the back of my neck, pulling me into a kiss on the lips.

__________________________
Here's part 31!

It's all coming together!

They're so cute. I swear.

-Emily Winchester.