Five.

During the month of December we had one more Hogsmeade weekend. Harry didn't have permission to go to Hogsmeade but somehow he got there and he overheard some teachers talking about Sirius Balck, and he found out that Sirius is his Godfather. He was really upset about it, which was understandable, but he was feeling better by Christmas.

Christmas was here before we knew it. I was going home for the Christmas Holidays. I sat with Genevieve and the rest of the girls from our dorm on the way back to King's Cross Station. My dad was here to take me home. He greeted me happily, and he said I was in a much better mood than the last time he saw me.

He was right, I was in a much better mood now.

My brother and sister were already home when I got there. It was noon when I arrived, but I had already been up for hours. It was five in the afternoon in London right now. Irina ran up to me, she was so happy to see me. She hugged me tightly saying, "I m-mised you s-so m-much!"

"I've missed you, too," I tell her as we hug. Over her shoulder I could see our brother looking at us excitedly, happy to see me. He hugged me next. He's gotten taller since the last time I saw him, that was for sure. He's taller than me and our sister now.

"I want to hear all about Hogwarts," he said, his tone filled with the excitement that was all over his face.

"I will tell you all about it while I'm home, I promise," I assure him, and he nodded, satisfied with that answer.

I hugged mom then, and she squeezed me tight, saying she was happy to have me home. I was happy to be home, but I was actually missing Hogwarts already. It was an odd feeling. I decided to help mom with dinner that night. I wanted to get some information about her.

I helped her by setting the table, and then I asked my mom the questions I've been dying to ask her. "Mom, how are William and Irina doing at school?"

"Well, honey, to tell you the truth, not so well," she admits to me. "We haven't said anything to them yet, but we're looking into having them transferred to Hogwarts next year. Your father has even been looking into getting a job with the British Ministry of Magic. He's been talking to this man named Arthur Weasley. He said his kids go to Hogwarts. Do you know them?"

"Yeah," I tell her. "I am friends with a few of them actually. They're all in my house."

I felt such a relief. They would love Hogwarts. I knew they would. Yeah the Slytherin's can be rough, but they're nothing compared to the kids at Ilvermorny. The Ravenclaws didn't care as long as you didn't bother them first, and us Gryffindors stood up to the bullies most of the time. It was the sweet Hufflepuffs that I was excited for my siblings to meet. I hoped at least one of them were sorted into Hufflepuff House. They would be truly accepted there.

I was very tired after dinner, considering that I am on a UK time schedule. I went up to my room that I shared with my sister and laid in my bed. I wanted to tell my sister so bad that she was going to be leaving Ilvermorny soon, but I couldn't do that yet. What if something happens and she doesn't end up going? I couldn't do that to her.

I kept the information to myself, and I passed out not saying a word.

On Christmas morning, we woke, had breakfast and opened gifts. Then we got ready for our day. My sister kept asking questions about my time at Hogwarts. I had told her about my friends. I told her about Katie, Genevieve, Devon, Leanne, and also Lee, Fred and George. She stopped me when I got to George though.

"D-do you l-like him, D-Daisy?"

"Who? George?"

She nods her head yes.

"No, no," I pause, "Well I do like him, but just as friends. Why would you think that?"

She smiles, obviously loving this, "B-because your eyes lit u-up when you s-said his name."

"I don't like George like that, Irina. He's just a friend. A good friend. That's it."

She gives me a look that says, Sure, okay.

She obviously didn't believe me that I didn't like George like that. But I didn't care because I knew the truth. He was kind, and genuinely sweet. And I'm sure he's going to be great friends with my siblings too when they transfer to Hogwarts next year. But he was just that: a friend.

If I did like him, which I don't, it would be because he's so nice. From the moment I met him he's held no secrets. He's been genuine. And he makes me laugh, hard too. A few times now he's had me laugh so hard I've nearly peed my pants. It's also very easy to talk to him. I told him the real reason I was at Hogwarts without even thinking about it, because he was just so easy to talk to.

If I did like him. That would be why. But I don't. Not like that.

We spent Christmas at my grandparents house like we do every year. They wanted to hear all about Hogwarts. I figured this would happen. So far I said the only downside was that I didn't make the Quidditch team as a main player, just a reserve, but that the team for my house was very good.

I asked them if they knew about Harry Potter, since I didn't before I met him I assumed that they didn't. They said that they did, and they asked me what he's like. I shrugged and said, "I'm not really friends with him, but he's kind of quiet."

I was careful not to mention what my mom had told me the first night I was home about my family looking to move to England. I didn't want Irina or William to overhear it. I was surprised that I was never told about Harry before. My parents never told me anything, and school never taught us about it either. Maybe my parents just didn't want to frighten us? I mean it is a pretty horrific story.

I was glad to go back to school when it came time. I wanted to see my friends. My dad took me to King's Cross Station where I was taken back to Hogwarts. I met with Genevieve and the other girls from my dorm and we rode together to school. We went around asking each other how the holidays were for everyone. I shared the exciting news that my family was looking into moving to England permanently. Katie, Leanne, and Devon were all interested to learn about my siblings.

I finally told them the truth about why I was at Hogwarts, like I had told Genevieve and George already. They told me that they were sorry that my brother and sister were treated like that. I was glad that soon for them it would be over.

They started asking questions about my siblings after that. I told them how we were all close but we were also all in different houses at Ilvermorny. I was a Wampus, the house that represents the Body and favors Warriors, William was a Horned Serpent, the house that represents the Mind and favors scholars which was amazing despite his learning difficulties, and Irina was a Puckwidgie, the house that represents the Heart and favored Healers.

When we got to Hogwarts, we had dinner and went up to the Common Room. George found me, and he actually hugged me. The hug surprised me. I wasn't expecting it. "How was your Christmas?" He asked, sounding happy to hear.

"It was good, how was yours?"

"It was good. We stayed back here, as you know. My Christmas was quiet. But it wasn't for Harry."

"Wait, what happened?" I ask curiously. We sat on the couch by the fireplace.

"He received a Firebolt broom from someone that didn't leave a note."

"Oh really? A real Firebolt? That's awesome. I can't believe the Quidditch team is going to have a Seeker as good as Harry with a Firebolt."

"Yeah, but Hermione got it taken from him," he says, sounding slightly disappointed.

"What did she do?"

"She told Professor McGonagall that she thought it could have been a gift from Sirius Black, and McGonagall took it from him to be inspected."

"Oh, I see," I say, nodding and understanding. "I bet Harry is disappointed."

"Not as disappointed as Ron is. Ron blew up on her for it. Called her a traitor to the team." He shakes his head, obviously slightly embarrassed that his little brother acted like that.

"Well, I actually have some good news." He perked up, giving me that look that told me he was listening, "I guess our dads have been talking to each other and your dad has been working on getting my dad a job at the British Ministry of Magic so my family can move to England and get Irina and William out of Ilvermorny."

"Oh wow," he says smiling. He was certainly surprised to hear this news. "That's amazing."

"It is, if it happens. My mom hasn't told my brother and sister yet because she doesn't want them to get their hopes up about leaving."

"Right," he nods, "I see. Well," he smiles again, "that would be so awesome if they did come here. I'd like to meet them."

His smile was truly adorable. In fact, George as a whole as a person, was just adorable. He was so kind, and caring. He was just a truly genuine person. He didn't hide who he was from anyone. I liked that. I really like that.

The more I thought about this, the more nervous I began to feel. Why was I nervous? Maybe I wasn't nervous? I've never felt this way around George before. I didn't know what to make of it. I felt how Gen always describes how she feels around Fred.

And I have to admit, he was physically just beautiful with those kind brown eyes and that big, adorable smile. His lips looked soft, like pillows, and that jawline that could cut glass. Shit. He was hot. It was time I admitted it to myself. I suddenly wanted to count every single freckle on his face.

Wow. Maybe my sister was right. Maybe I did like George.

By the time February came around I still hadn't truly figured out if I liked George or not. I didn't want to have a crush on my closest guy friend. It would just make things awkward for both of us. But I also couldn't help it. He was so sweet, and kind. I could just stare at him for hours. Good God. I was starting to sound like Genevieve talking about Fred.

Oliver Wood had scheduled more and more. Quidditch practices, he didn't care if it was cold out, he said they'd work up a sweat playing anyway. So that meant Fred and George were off playing with the team. Since I wasn't needed I got to stay back. I decided to use it as an opportunity to ask Genevieve some questions.

"Gen, can I ask you something?"

"Anything," she says, nodding.

"How did you know you liked Fred? Like really liked him."

"Oh, I just knew. I mean he's just perfect, you know. How could I not like him? Why, do you think you like him too? Because we can't like the same guy."

"No, no I don't like him like that. I think I might like someone else though."

A sly smirk takes over his face. "Oh. You like George, don't you?"

"I don't know just yet. I'm trying to figure it out. I'm confused."

"What do you like about him?

"The same things you like about Fred." I admit to her. She nods, understanding.

"I see," she says. "Yeah. You like him. Don't fight it. And unlike Fred and I, I think that George might actually like you."

"What?" I scoff, "No."

It was then that the Gryffindor Quidditch team came in from practice, Fred and George were both sweaty, their pale faces flushed red. Sweat covered their hair. George had his practice robes off already, and he tore off his white t-shirt, wiping his hair with it before heading up to the boy's dorms.

"Hey," I heard Gen say, and I bring my attention back to her, "Yeah, I think you like him."

_________________________
Here's part 5!

Georgie is getting into her head man.

I mean, same.

-Emily Winchester.