Eleven.

It was about half way through the ball, everyone was having a great time. George and I especially are having a great time. I was so happy that I was here with him tonight and not anyone else. He was such a great date, a perfect gentleman.

I was truly having a good time, until I saw it. I watched it break out, but I didn't know just how bad it was until it was probably too late. Ron, Hermione, and Harry were all fighting. Ron and Harry had refused to dance all night, sulking that they weren't here with the people they wanted to come with. Hermione went over to them, and Ron started shouting. I couldn't hear it over the music.

Then she exited the Great Hall in tears. I had to go make sure she was okay. I couldn't just stand by while another girl was crying and do nothing. So I told George that I would be right back and then I left to go find Hermione. I found her crying her eyes out on the stairs of the Entrance Hall.

"Hermione," I say, softly, as I sit next to her. "I saw you and Ron shouting at each other."

"He's such an ass!" She exclaims through her tears. "He told me I was fraternizing with the enemy by coming here with Viktor. After he tried to ask Fleur to come with him tonight. And of course Harry just stood there with that stood look on his face and didn't say anything."

"I'm so sorry, Mione," I say, taking her in my arms, giving her the hug she obviously needed. She hugged me back tightly.

"Thank you, Daisy," she says, and then the hug breaks and she sits back, wiping her eyes.

"You should be happy that you're here with Viktor. You know how many girls wanted to come with him tonight? Like nearly every girl in this school. You're so lucky."

"Thanks, he's very nice. I'm glad that I said yes to him."

"Good, don't let Ron make you upset. You go back in there and dance with Viktor and have a good time. Don't let Ron make you upset."

"You're right, ugh, I'm so pathetic for letting him get to me."

"You're not pathetic, Mione, Ron was an ass. Harry doesn't care that you're here with Viktor. You know he doesn't."

"You're right," she says, nodding, "And what about you? Are you having a good time with George?"

"I am," I say, nodding.

"Oh good, he really likes you, you know. When I was staying at the Burrow over the summer he told me how much he likes you. I told him to talk to you but he didn't take my advice."

My cheeks suddenly felt hot.

"He said that?"

"He did," she says, nodding. "If I were you I'd march straight in there and kiss him. Because you know he's going to be too nervous to do it himself even though you both know he wants to."

"You really think I should do that?"

"You think he's going to? That boy is a big sack of nerves around you. If you showed him you like him, too, it wouldn't be so bad."

"Alright, yeah. I'm going to go do that. You're right. He just needs some reassurance is all. Thanks for the advice."

"You go on, I'm just going to fix myself up a bit and then go find Viktor again."

"Alright, I'll see you in there."

"Good luck," she called as I headed into the Great Hall again.

"Thanks," I called back to her.

I entered the Great Hall again, and I scanned the room for George. I found him dancing with Fred on the dance floor. I walked over to him, my steps becoming more urgent as I walked. He smiled when he saw me.

"Is everything okay now?" He asked, that smile on his face.

I nod my head yes to him, "Yeah, everything is great."

My hands recharge up to the back of his neck, and I hoist myself up onto my tiptoes and I pull him into a kiss. It surprised him at first, but he does kiss me back after a moment. I didn't want Professor McGonagall to come break us up so it wasn't a long kiss. But the last thing I wanted was McGonagall telling us we were being inappropriate and besmirching the name of Godric Gryffindor.

He was smiling so happily when I stood back and looked at him. Then he took and twirled me around and we started dancing again.

We danced all night, until the very last song of the night. We were the last Gryffindors at the ball. We held hands as we walked back to the Common Room. He told me he had a good time, and that he wanted to take me out on another date. I told him that sounded amazing and I would love to go on another date with him soon.

When we stepped through the portrait hole, we saw a sight we weren't expecting to see. Fred was hard-core making out with a girl that wasn't Angelina on the couch by the fireplace. We couldn't see who it was, because he was laying on top of her, coving her face from our view.

"Fred?" Said George, getting his brother's attention. He stopped what he was doing and sat up.

"Genevieve!" I exclaimed upon seeing who it was that was underneath Fred. She had a shocked expression on her face.

"Sorry," said Fred standing up now, "I thought everyone had come back from the ball already." He turns to look at my friend on the couch. "I will see you tomorrow, Gen." He walks away then, heading up the stairs to the boy's dorms.

Genevieve tried to sneak off without saying anything but I said, "We're so talking about this as soon as I get up there!" Before she reached the stairs to the girl's dorms.

George and I both started laughing as soon as Genevieve was out of sight. Through some laughs George said, "Well I certainly didn't expect to see that tonight."

"If I'm being honest I never expected to see that at all." I admit, a bit of a laugh still in my voice. We had reached the stairs to the girl's dorms but we were standing next to the entrance. Before my mind could register what was going on, George seemed to have taken a page from Fred's book and he held me up against the wall and he was kissing me with such fierceness it was like he would die if our lips parted for a second.

This was the most exciting kiss I've ever had, that was for sure. Definitely the hottest one, too. Every part of my body felt like it was on fire. He slipped his tongue into my mouth, and it surprised me but I also expected him to do that at the same time.

We kissed like this for a good, long moment, taking advantage of the empty Common Room like Fred and Genevieve had before us. Hermione was right, going into the Great Hall and kissing him sure gave him the confidence he was lacking around me. I would have kissed him first weeks ago if I'd known that this was the outcome. I would have to thank her for that tomorrow.

My hands were his long hair and his hands were holding my head in place. He pulled back after about a minute or so of this. I don't know,  I wasn't keeping track of time. I was out of breath, and so was he. I could tell from the way he was panting.

"I don't know what came over me," he says, but he's smiling so I know he was proud of himself for doing that.

"It's okay, I wanted you to do that," I admit, with a small shrug of my shoulders.

"Good," he says, his smile growing wider. "Well, I will see you tomorrow. We can talk details about that second date."

"Sounds good, yeah," I said, nodding.

"Goodnight, Daisy."

"Goodnight George," I tell him. He kisses me one more time. A light, soft kiss.

As I started up the stairs to the girl's dorms, George's voice stopped me. "Um, Daisy."

"Yeah George?" I asked as I turned to look at him.

"I know this is kind of random, but I've got a good feeling right now so I'm just rolling with it. Will you be my girlfriend?"

My heart started pounding in my chest. I was so happy right now. "Yes, George, I will."

He smiles at me. He was obviously very happy with my answer. "Thank you. Thank you so much. I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow, George. Go to bed."

He happily ran off to bed then, and I was able to head up to my dorm.

___________________________
Here's part 11!

If you've read my other George stories you know that usually I wait until we're in book five to get them together, but this time I wanted to get them together before that.

-Emily Winchester.