Twelve.

The next morning before I headed down to the Common Room I made Genevieve tell me everything that happened with Fred last night. She told me she found him on the couch by himself when she got back from the ball. She sat next to him and asked him what was wrong, since he looked pretty upset. He told her that he tried to ask Angelina on another date, but she said no. That she just wasn't into Fred like he is her, and she only said yes to going to the ball with him because he shouted at her from across the Common Room.

Gen told him she was sorry to hear that, that he deserved better than that. She told him she's been crazy about him for forever, that she would have loved to go to the ball with him. He said thank you and hugged her. After the hug, he kissed her. And they didn't stop until George and I broke them up when we came back.

I told her what happened with George after she went back up to the dorms, and she was so happy for me. She squealed and hugged me tight, telling me how happy she was to hear that George and I were finally together.

Fred and George were both waiting for us when we got to the Common Room. They both smiled wide when they saw us. I ran up to George and hugged him tight. He greeted me saying, "Morning darling, how did you sleep?"

"Great, you?"

"Just great," he says, nodding and then he placed a quick kiss onto my lips. Fred and Gen were talking, and it looked like Fred was flirting. I bet she was loving it. "I think Fred likes your friend," says George, smirking slyly.

"Yeah, I just hope that it's not because Angelina told him she doesn't like him. She really likes him and I don't want her to get her hopes up about anything."

"No, he told me last night that he enjoyed talking to her. Granted I don't know exactly how much talking they did considering the scene we walked in on."

I chuckle at that. "Right." 

George changes the subject. "We should get down to the Great Hall if we want breakfast. Hey guys! We should go before breakfast ends."

"We'll meet you down there," said Fred, who waves us on.

"Alright," said George and then he took my hand in his and then we started for the Great Hall together.

On the walk to the Great Hall, I got an idea, "If Fred is starting to like Gen, we should go on a double date. They are our best friends after all. It would be fun."

"Yeah," says George, nodding, "That sounds like a great idea. I'll run it by Fred, see what he says."

I smiled at that answer, "Good. I'm sure he'll be all for it."

When we reached the Gryffindor table, my brother, Luna, and my sister came up to us. William was smiling from ear-to-ear. "I have something to tell you guys," he announced sounding just as happy as he looked. "I wanted to tell both of you at the same time. Last night, I asked Luna to be my girlfriend, and she said yes."

He takes Luna's hand in his. My sister and I gasped at the same time. "W-William!" Irina exclaimed, "I am s-so h-happy for you!"

She hugged our brother tightly. I decided to hug Luna then, telling her the same thing. My brother was going to treat Luna like a queen. I was so happy for both of them. They were going to be so happy together. I could already tell.

"It's funny that you say that, man," said George, who had a smile on his face. "I asked Daisy the same thing as night, and she also said yes."

"D-Daisy!" My sister exclaims, sounding so excited. Her arms were around me a second later. "This i-is s-so exciting!"

"I know, I'm very happy about it," I admit to her as we hugged.

"Yeah, congratulations you two," said Luna in her high pitch, dreamy voice, "I'm sure you two will be very happy together."

"Thank you, Luna, I'm sure you and William will be very happy, too," I say before I hug them all again and then they head back to their house tables together.

"I'm so happy for William," I said as I sat back down next to George. "He is flourishing, and I am so proud of him. Luna is so good to him, I'm so happy she's his girlfriend now. They're going to be so happy together."

"They will," says George, who was smiling too, "Just like how we will be, too."

"Of course," I agree and I give him a quick kiss.

"Gross you guys," we heard Fred say, "keep the snogging to yourself."

"Oh like you did last night?" Teased George. Fred rolled his eyes.

He sat across from us at the table, Genevieve sitting next to him, looking at Fred like he was a Greek God or something. I didn't think she could get in deeper with him but here we are.

"So, Freddie, my amazing girlfriend came up with a fantastic idea. My beautiful girlfriend and I are planning a second date, and if you guys would like to, we're open to making it a double date with you and Gen. If you guys want to, that is."

"Um," he looks at Genevieve, "You up for that?"

She shrugs, trying to keep cool, "Yeah if you are."

Fred turns his head back to us, "We're in. Thanks guys."

"No problem," says George. "Now we just have to figure out what we're going to do."

"Well, there's a Hogsmeade weekend in January," says Genevieve. "We can go to Madam Puddifuts and have hot chocolate and pastries."

"I think that sounds perfect," I tell her, smiling, "it won't be as packed as The Three Broomsticks will be. It will be a much more low key setting."

"Yeah," says George, "I like that too."

"Great idea, Gen," says Fred, who smiled at her. She pretty much melted.

So that's what we did. At the end of January, we went to Madam Puddifuts. The boys ordered us the hot chocolate and some pastries while we got a table for the four of us. "Thank you so much for coming up with this idea."

"No problem," I tell her, smiling. "I figured that you wouldn't be so nervous around Fred if there was some company."

"That you're right," she says, smiling now, too. "You know that boy makes me nervous."

"You certainly weren't too nervous to make out with him on Christmas," I remind her, my tone teasing.

"Hey he kissed me first, what was I supposed to do? Not let him? Come on."

I chuckled at that. And then the boys returned and sat next to us. George placed a kiss onto my cheek as Fred announced, "Everything is ordered. They're going to bring it over when it's done."

"Oh great," Gen said, smiling at Fred. She was trying too hard. She didn't need to try this hard with him. He already agreed to going on this date, and made out with her on Christmas, he's already giving her a chance. She should just be normal, be herself.

The date went rather well, actually. We talked about Quidditch and the Triwizard Tournament and who we thought would win. We honestly had great conversation, never a lull. It was a great day. We ended the day by going to Zonko's. I saw Fred was holding Genevieve's hand when we walked around. She looked so happy all day and I was excited for her that she finally got a date with Fred and it seemed to go well, too.

That night after dinner, we went back up to the Common Room. George and I sat on the couch by the fireplace. I sat with my back against the armrest, my legs over his lap. His hand was on my thigh while I finished up a drawing I was doing. It was a drawing of George, actually. That amazing side profile of his. He was so beautiful, I wanted to capture it for myself.

George was probably going to be one of the best things that ever happened to me. It's been a month, and he's such a great boyfriend. He loves to just sit with me, like we are now. Honestly speaking I love it too. We didn't need to be talking all the time.

But tonight, George wanted to talk. He closed his book and looked at me and said, "You think that today went well?"

"Yeah," I say, nodding. "I mean I don't know Fred that well to be able to tell but I could tell Gen had a great time."

He smiles softly, "Well, trust me, Fred had a great time. He told me so when we got back. He really likes Gen."

I smiled at that news, "Good, she always said that Fred would love her if he just got to know her. I guess she was right."

"She was," he says, nodding. "I always knew Angelina didn't like him like that. I tried to tell him. He never hid his crush on her and she never said anything. It was obvious that she didn't like him. Oh well, Gen is great. I really like her for Fred. I think they'll be happy together."

"Yeah," I agree with him. "I think they will be too."

_________________________
Here's part 12!!

For once I didn't kill off Cedric in chapter 12.

That's kind of funny to me.

-Emily Winchester.