Twenty-Seven.

The next morning Professor Flitwick came back and tried some more reverse spells, but nothing worked. He said whoever did this to me was powerful, and they probably used something dark on me to keep me from getting my memories back.

I knew George wasn't going to like this news.

My mom told me why I was at Hogwarts, and I couldn't believe it, but I could at the same time. I got to re-meet William's girlfriend Luna and Irina's boyfriend, Neville. Neville and I are in the same house, Gryffindor house. Genevieve had come with them, and she looked sad to hear I probably wouldn't get my memory back with magic. That doesn't mean they won't come back on their own though. It was a long shot but it could happen.

Luna was an odd character, but she was kind and patient with my brother and his moods so she was perfect in my eyes. Neville was shy, soft spoken, and also very kind. My brother and sister were both very happy with both of them, I could tell.

Madam Pomfrey kept me to keep an eye on me. Ron started waking up mid-morning. His mother - who everyone except for my parents called Mrs. Weasley so that's what I called her, too - alerted Madam Pomfrey that her son was waking up. That just happened to be the moment that Fred and George entered the Hospital Wing and came over to Ron and I.

"How are you?" Asked George as he sat next to me on my bed. Even though his poisoned brother was waking up, his focus was on me and how I was doing.

"I'm okay," I admit to him. "Flitwick couldn't bring my memories back though. He thinks someone used dark magic on me to prevent them from coming back."

His face falls into a look of concern, "He thinks you were attacked?"

"Or someone trying to cover up a terrible accident that they didn't get in trouble." I add, shrugging.

"Well, that's okay," he says taking my hands in his, "I still love you, and we'll make new memories, darling, and I'll fill in as many of the blanks as I can. I'm not giving up on you. Or us."

"That's very sweet, George, and I'm sure you're a great guy, - "

"I'm sensing a but coming," he says, not sounding happy about this.

"Yes," I say, nodding, "I'm sure you're a great person, but I don't know you anymore. That's just the facts. And you're not here everyday for us to rebuild our relationship. It's just going to be too hard right now for us, for me especially. We can't go back to how we were."

He sighs, looking off and not at me, "I was scared you'd say something like that."

"If we end up back together in the future then that's amazing but right now it's just not the right time for us. You have to understand I don't want to hurt you, and I can see from the look on your face that you do care about me. It's very sweet."

"Thanks," he says looking down at his hands. "And you're right, you don't even know me anymore, and as much as I would love to be there for you that's pretty impossible with you in school and me running my shop with Fred. I don't like it, but I understand, and if we end up together again in the future then we will."

"I'm sure if Genevieve and our siblings have anything to do with it we'll be back together very soon."

He lightly laughs at that, I liked the sound of his laugh. It sounded familiar, almost calming. I know why, because it was the part of me that didn't remember him coming through. His laughter must have triggered an old feeling I don't ever remember feeling.

"I'm sure of that," he agrees, "Well, I hope you get better soon, Daisy."

"Thank you, George," I say, offering him a small smile.

"If we don't end up back together just know that I will never forget you."

I wish I could say the same thing about him.

"You're very sweet," I tell him. He smiled at me, and I liked his smile, it was kind, and sweet, like he was. "You can hug me if you want to. You look like you could use one."

He didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around me. He held onto me like he wouldn't get a chance to ever again. I heard him let out a sigh. His chest rose and fell as he did so. I let him hug me for as long as he needed to. When he finally let go of me, I saw him wipe his eyes. He was holding back tears. He really does love me, and I didn't even know the first thing about him.

That hurt my heart, to see him in so much pain over what happened to me. I didn't like causing people pain like that. I didn't feel like I was worth all of that, but I guess to George I was.

A tall woman, with square glasses, in long, dark green robes, with white hair that was pulled up onto a bun on the top of her head entered the Hospital Wing then, and she came straight for Ron and I and she said, "I heard Mr. Weasley was waking. Ah, hello Miss. Partridge. I've been made aware of your condition as well. I'm very sorry to hear about your memory but I'm afraid we'll have to talk more about that once I find out what's going on with Weasley over here." She turned and stopped when she saw Fred and George standing in front of her. "Hello boys, how are you?"

"Good, Professor, thank you," says Fred.

"We're just here to check on our brother and Daisy." Says George.

"Oh of course," she says, nodding, "excuse me a moment, please." She steps past them, over to where Ron was being checked over by Madam Pomfrey. He was full on awake now, speaking in half sentences. He was tired, that was for sure, but he was certainly not. Our mothers stood next to each other, Mrs. Weasley had her hands over her mouth, happy that her son was awake.

Once Ron was awake and speaking in full, coherent sentences. His mother was very excited to know he was awake. She didn't leave his side all day. I was able to leave before dinner that night. Genevieve walked with me to Gryffindor Tower to show me where it was and show me where our dorms were. I changed into some fresh clothes and we headed back down to the Great Hall for dinner.

I told Genevieve that I broke up with George on the walk to the Great Hall. She said she was sad to hear it but she understood. I feel comfortable with Genevieve, which I guess made sense because apparently we were best friends before I lost my memory. 

The castle felt familiar, like a very distant memory. Like I had dreamed of it before or something. The Great Hall was honestly beautiful. Gen led the way to the Gryffindor table and I saw my sister sitting with Neville and Ron's sister Ginny. Harry and Hermione were across the table from them.

I couldn't help but look around me as we ate. This room was so big and beautiful. It certainly was a Great Hall. As I looked around, I saw a boy with white blonde hair, pale skin, and gray eyes looking at me from the table that Genevieve told me was the Slytherin House table.

"Hey Gen," I say, getting her attention, "Who is that boy that keeps looking over here?"

"Huh?" she asks, "Where?" 

"There," I say, pointing him out, "At the Slytherin table."

"Oh him, that's Draco Malfoy."

"Why is he looking over here?" I ask, "Did I have a fling with him or something?" 

"Oh God no, never, we hate him over here. He's a bully. A right asshole. He's probably just shocked to see you out of the Hospital Wing so soon."

"He's probably the one who put you in the Hospital Wing." sneered Harry, his tone was harsh. 

"Harry," says Hermione, "stop it. Draco had nothing to do with it. Draco had no reason to attack Daisy."

"He had no reason to attack Katie either and -" 

Hermione's voice was hard as he cut her off again. "And there's still no proof that he's the one who gave her that necklace."

"Whatever, anyways," says Ginny, "Daisy, are you feeling okay to play in the Quidditch game this weekend or should we have Dean fill your spot?"

"Oh, um, I don't know," I admit, "I'm feeling fine, but I should probably ask Madam Pomfrey to see if it's okay."

"Sounds good, I want to head up there to see Ron after dinner," says Ginny, who was smiling, "You can come with me and talk to her if you'd like."

"Sure," I say, nodding. "That sounds good."

So that's what we did. After dinner, Ginny, Genevieve and I went up to the Hospital Wing to visit Ron. Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were gone now, and so were my family, but Fred and George were still here. It was certainly awkward that George couldn't even look at me. He kept his eyes on his siblings around him, but not me. 

It was so awkward because I don't even know the first thing about this kid yet he's in love with me. I wish I could remember him, but I just couldn't. I felt so bad about it for him, but I couldn't dwell on it for too long, because it wasn't my fault at the end of the that my memory got wiped.

___________________________
Here's part 27!

I feel so bad for George.

He was fully prepared to stay with her, but she was like nah.

-Emily Winchester.