Twenty-Two.

No one knew what Fred and George had planned, or when their plan was going to take place. Harry had asked them to cause a distraction so he could sneak into Umbridge’s office. He didn't say why he needed to break into her office, but it was obviously important.

I was in Flitwick’s class that next day when we heard the loud boom and the entire class followed her out of the classroom to see what was going on. The twins didn’t tell us what they had planned, but we knew it was going to be big.

I saw Hermione and I went over to her. She was in Umbridge’s class right now. “What have those idiots done?” Asks Hermione in a very angry tone. A swamp was now filling the corridor of the fifth floor’s east wing. Umbridge was frantically trying to get everyone to get away, but no one listened to her. We all just watched as the twins did what they did best; cause mayhem.

They were caught rather quickly, of course considering that we were only a floor underneath Umbridge’s office. She got George by the arm and Filch grabbed Fred and he handed him off to Umbridge as she said something I couldn’t hear over the commotion. They went with her without a fight.

I was now worried. I hope she didn’t go too hard on them. They deserved to be punished, but I just hope that whatever their plan was to get out of there worked before they actually got punished. About not even five minutes later, however, as we all waited anxiously to see what the twins would do next, we heard a loud crash, sounding like it was from Umbridge’s office. We see the twins riding their brooms overhead of us. 

Fred yells, “If anyone fancies a portable swamp, as demonstrated here, come to number ninety-three, Diagon Alley! Weasley’s Wizarding Wheezes! Our new Premises!”

George calls, “Special Discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they’re going to use our products to get rid of this old bat!” He finished that with a finger pointing at Umbridge.

“STOP THEM!” Umbridge screeches, but it was too late. They were too fast for Filch to catch them.

The twins started their way out of the castle. Only stopping when they saw Peeves the Poltergeist and Fred tells him, “Give her hell from us, Peeves!” I felt a hand grab onto mine. It was my sister. She squeezed my hand lightly. And I smiled at her.

Both Genevieve and I were called into Umbridge’s office that night. She wanted to see if we knew anything about Fred and George's plan. We told her we didn't, that they wouldn't tell us on purpose so we wouldn't be involved. I don't think she believed that we didn't know anything about it but she did let us go after our story.

Not having George here was tough. I missed both him and Fred so much. More than I thought I was going to. Lee walked with me to classes but it just wasn't the same. Fred and George had sure left their legacy at Hogwarts, that was for sure. Umbridge couldn’t figure out how to get rid of their swamp. Eventually it was just blocked off, and Filch had to assist other students around it so they could get to class.

Other trouble makers would set off stink bombs and someone even sent a Niffler into her office, and it destroyed her office looking for shiny things, and tried to gnaw her stubby little fingers off to get to her rings. Even Peeves was taking Fred’s last words to heart, he was terrorizing Umbridge. He would cackle loudly and blow loud raspberries after she spoke to him. He didn’t care what she said, he wasn’t going to stop. Us students loved it.

April and May came and went in another blur of a month. I kept busy helping Ron, Harry, and Hermione study for their O.W.L.’s next month to even notice the days turning into weeks around me. The last weekend of May, however, Hermione had convinced me to watch the Gryffindor VS Ravenclaw Quidditch game with her because it was the last game of the year. I do love Quidditch after all.

Harry and Hermione were pulled away by Hagrid during the game and when they returned they didn’t look happy at all, and they told me what happened. He took them to the forbidden forest and we met his half-giant, half brother, Gwap, who he asked them to take care of.

Final Exams were coming up, and I was happy to get them over with. I had passed my apparition test back in April, and since I am 17 now I can finally do magic outside of school. I felt like I was finally an adult. Or I will be, in just one more year.

I finished my Transfiguration exam quickly, I had studies very hard for and I knew all of the material. I missed him like crazy. I missed the look in his kind, brown eyes whenever he saw me walk into the room, and I miss the sweet smile that accompanied those eyes. I miss the sound of his super contagious laugh. I miss his wacky personality that always kept me on my toes. I just miss him.

I hope the joke shop is doing well for him and Fred. That’s what’s been the hardest. I don’t know how business is doing for them, so I don’t know if I should actually be worried about him or if I shouldn’t. Even though they said that they would, I convinced them not to write. Umbridge is watching the mail, and I know she'd just love it if I received a letter from Fred and George after what they did before they left.

One night in late-June, I had convinced my brother and sister that we should spend the night together with just the three of us. No Neville, no Luna, and no George. We had just finished our final exams, so we were kind of celebrating that. I was glad that we spent the night together. They're truly my best friends.

The next morning Luna and William had come over to the Gryffindor table and told us that Ron, Ginny, Hermione, and Neville were all in the Hospital Wing. Harry wasn't anywhere to be seen at the table either. We ate breakfast quickly and got up to the Hospital Wing where we saw all of them in beds.

Irina sat next to Neville instantly and took his hand in hers and he smiled at her. He had a busted lip. Ron looked tired, and groggy, and so did Hermione. Ginny had a broken ankle that Madam Pomfrey made her take some Skelgro to heal.

Hary started telling us what happened. He had a dream that Voldemort had Sirius, so he broke into Umbridge’s office again to try and talk to him, and he asked Neville, Luna, Ron, and Ginny to keep watch while he and Hermione tried to reach him, but they were caught.

Then Hermione had the idea to tell Umbridge that they knew where Dumbledore’s secret weapon was. Then she took Harry and Hermione to find Gwap, and she was overtaken by a group of centaurs in the forest.

The others were able to sneak out of the office. They took off for the Department of Mysteries to find Sirius. It was a trick, and they found Death Eaters, not Sirius. They fought as best as they could, and most of them got hurt.

Some of the Order showed up, Remus, Tonks, Mad-Eye, and Sirius. Sirius didn't make it. He was killed by Bellatrix Lestrange. His own cousin killed him. Harry was obviously very upset about this news, especially since he saw it happen. I hugged him for that,because it seemed like he needed it right now. He held onto me for a good moment. He did need a hug, and I was glad to be there for him.

Everyone was out of the Hospital Wing. Hermione was the last one to leave since she had sustained a head injury while they were there and was knocked out until the next morning. We all sat together on the train ride back to London. When we crossed over between platforms 9  and 10, we were met by some people we never expected to see.

There was Mad-Eye, looking quite sinister with his bowler hat pulled down to cover his magical eye. Tonks stood just behind him, bright bubblegum pink hair gleaming in the sunlight, wearing a heavily patched pair of jeans, with a bright purple t-shirt. Next to her was Lupin and then Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were next to them and my parents next to them. And then there was a real surprise, Fred and George, who were both wearing brand-new jackets in some lurid green scaly material.

George did promise me that he'd be there when I came home, and here he was. I ran up to him, but somehow Gen had reached Fred before I could reach George. It made me laugh. Here we go again, the gross couple was back together.

When I did reach George he picked me up and held me tight against him. He hugged me tightly for a good moment before he let me go. Fred and Gen were still kissing. "Guys," said George, "Cut it out. You're grossing everyone out."

Genevieve pulls back from Fred, smiling looking at us. "Nice to see you, too, Georgie. Daisy has surely missed you."

"I know, I've missed her, too," he says, draping an arm over my shoulders.

"Awe," I say, looking up at him, "You're so sweet. I love you."

"I love you, too." Says George, who smiled down at me. He was so cute, and I couldn't believe he was mine. I was the absolute luckiest girl in the world.

__________________________
Here's part 22!

I know I had Fred and George leave and come back in the same chapter but I have an idea for the end of the sixth book that I just really want to get to so I just skipped through the timeline a bit to get there.

-Emily Winchester.