Two.

When we arrived at Hogwarts, I did what I was told to do in my letter, stay with the students that were starting their first year. There was an incredibly tall, hairy man calling for the first year students loudly. I figured that's where I needed to go.

"Ah hello," he greeted, warmly, looking down at me, "Dumbledore told me about you. You're our American Transfer, aren't you?"

"I am," I say, nodding.

"Welcome to Hogwarts," he says, smiling wide through his headered face. "I'm Hagrid."

"Hi," I greeted him, not nearly as warm as he greeted me.

He made us get into these boats and we rode the castle across a lake and we were told to wait once we were in the Entrance Hall. A round, plump woman that told us her name was Professor Sprout said she would be handling the sorting this year, since Professor McGonagall had an important meeting with some students she needed to take care of first. She led us into the Great Hall walking ahead of us as we walked in a line behind her.

There were four tables with each of those students wearing different colors. There was a green and silver table, a blue and bronze table, a gold and red table, and a yellow and black table. I was curious to see which colors I'd be wearing once I was sorted. I hoped it wasn't green. Green doesn't look good on me. At least I don't think so.

I felt so stupid being here right now, because I was taller than these younger students and I stood out. This was so embarrassing. At Ilvermorny, you go into a room alone with four statues of the house mascots, and the statues choose you. You don't have to do it in front of everyone. I was in Wampus house when I was at Ilvermorny.

Since my last name is lower in the Alphabet, I had to wait some time before I could be sorted. When my name was called, I made my way to the stool and put the hat on. Is lice not a thing in England? Why are we all sharing a hat? That's gross.

I slid the hat onto my head, and it just felt gross. I didn't like it. "Ah," said the hat, "You're much older than the students I usually sort. Not to worry, I'll find you your house. You're full of untapped potential, you are. You're very brave, too, I can tell. You love with all of your heart. You'd do well in Hufflepuff. But I don't think that's right for you. Better be," he paused for a second and then the hat shouted, "GRYFFINDOR!" loudly.

The people at the red and gold table cheered. From watching the other students who got sorted tonight, I knew that was my house table. It was also the same table that held Fred, George, and Lee. Great. I hoped they didn't try to act like we're friends since we shared a compartment on the way here.

I headed over to that table and found a seat. I sat across from two redheads, a boy and a girl. They were both watching the sorting. I wondered if they were Fred and George’s younger siblings, Ron and Ginny. The ones they went to check on after the Dementors were on the train.

"You're the American, right?" The boy asked. The way he asked this question reminded me of my brother and the way he just blurts out whatever is on his mind sometimes.

"Yes," I answer. My tone was not one that was happy for inviting.

He didn't pick up on it though. He kept talking. "My brother George told me about you. Said he sat with you on the train."

So this was Ron.

"Yeah," I say nodding, "I did sit with him."

"Ron, I don't think she really wants to talk." Says the girl. "Sorry about him. He likes to talk. I'm Ginny, by the way."

"I'm Daisy," I told her, but I knew she already knew that.

When the sorting was over, it was time to eat. The food magically appeared on the table in front of us. It didn't surprise me, the same kind of thing happened at Ilvermorny, too. I started to gather some food onto my plate and began eating quietly keeping to myself.

A girl with bushy light brown hair and big front teeth that had a nice golden brown suntan sat next to me then, and next to her was a boy with unkempt hair that was so dark brown it might as well have been black, and round glasses over his green eyes.

"Oh, hello," she said when she sat down and she looked at me. "I'm Hermione Granger. You must be the American Transfer student that George told us about." I nod my head yes to her, and she keeps talking. "I'm Hermione Granger. Third year, and this is Harry Potter. And you are?"

"I'm Daisy Partridge," I tell her.

It was then that another redhead student sat next to me on the other side. He had horrified glasses and short, curly hair. "Hello," he greeted me, "I'm Percy Weasley, Gryffindor Prefect and Head Boy. I heard you're our new transfer student. Welcome to Gryffindor House. We're happy to have you."

He wouldn't be saying that if he knew why I was here.

"Daisy Partridge," I say, nodding.

Percy started going on about how amazing Hogwarts was, and how I was going to love it here. That everyone does. I found that a little hard to believe. It's school. Honestly now I understood why Fred and George were talking about him the way that they were on the train. Percy was kind of annoying if I'm being honest.

Headmaster Dumbledore began his speech after dinner. “Welcome!" He called from his podium, "Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few announcements to say to you all, and as one of them is very serious, I think it best to get it out of the way before you become befuddled by our excellent feast.” He paused for a moment to clear his throat, “As you will all be aware after their search of the Hogwarts Express, our school is presently playing host to the dementors of Azkaban, who are here on Ministry of Magic business. They are stationed at every entrance of the grounds, and while they are with us, I must make it plain that nobody is to leave school without permission. Dementors are not to be fooled by tricks or disguises – or even invisibility cloaks. It’s not in the nature of a dementor to understand pleading or excuses. I therefore warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. I look to our Prefects and our new Head Boy and Girl, to make sure that no student runs afoul of the dementors.

“On a happier note, I am pleased to welcome two new teachers to our ranks this year. Most of you know him already, but our very own gamekeeper Rubeus Hagrid has agreed to take over Care of Magical Creatures on top of his gamekeeping duties,” he motioned an arm over to the chair of the Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor, “And, I introduce Remus Lupin as our new Defense Against the Dark Arts Professor. And also, I'd like to say a special congratulations to our new American Transfer student who has come all the way from Ilvermorny, Miss Daisy Partridge, who was sorted into Gryffindor House earlier this evening. I expect that you all open her to our school with open arms, as we all did to you your very first year."

The Gryffindor table started clapping, and I wanted to crawl underneath the table. After the speech, Percy told me to stay with the first year students and the fifth year Prefect would show me to Gryffindor Tower.

Did he say Tower? Great that meant climbing up a bunch of stairs every day. Fun.

I did what he said because I didn't feel like asking anyone else to show me to the tower, and it was their job. The older students were still awake, but the other younger students were already in bed. It was pretty late. The fifth year Prefect told us which direction the boys and girls dorms were. And I had to climb more stairs to get to my dorm.

I headed up to the fourth year girls dorms, I wasn't excited to have to meet more new people, but the sooner I got it over with the better. I found the door that said Fourth Year Girls on a plaque on the door and I opened it.

There weren't very many girls in the room, just three of them so far. There were two brunette girls that were pale, one of them had bangs across her forehead, a round face, and almond shaped brown eyes. The other brunette girl had an olive skin tone, and thinner, lighter brunette colored hair than the other girl. The other girl was black but her skin was light, she was most likely mix-raced. Her curly hair was pulled back into a ponytail.

"Hi," the brunette girl without bangs says, her tone was cheerful.

"Hi," I greet her back.

The olive skinned girl without bangs keeps talking, "I'm Katie, this is Leanne," she gestured to the girl with the bangs, and then she gestured to the mixed girl, "that's Devon. You must be the new transfer student."

"Thats me," I say, shyly.

"That explains why we have an extra bed in our dorm now." Says Devon.

"Yeah. That one is yours," said Leanne as she pointed to the empty bed. I walked over to it and saw all of my things were here already. Something like that happened at Ilvermorny too, so I was used to it. It was nice of them to put another bed in here for me.

There were five beds, so there were four girls here before me. I am the fifth girl here. It was then that a girl with pin straight dirty blonde/light brown colored hair. She burst through the door and stared at me with her round, hazel eyes. She was the palest girl in the room, that was for sure.

"Where is she?" She asked, sounding urgent.

"She's right there, Gen, calm down," said Leanne.

Gen in fact did not calm down, she walked over to me, a big smile on her face, and held her hand out to me saying, "Hi! I'm Genevieve. Welcome to Gryffindor House, Daisy!"

"Hi," I said while I shook her hand.

"Wow. You're pretty." She says, kind of blurring it out. She was the second person to remind me of my brother tonight. First was Ron.

"Thank you," I say, really feeling shy now.

"Alright, Gen, don't scare her," joked Devon, "she just got here."

"She's alright," I assure her. I was used to it by now. My brother tends to get very excited and act just like that all the time. It didn't bother me at all.

"Well, I'm going to go to the Common Room," announced Genevieve, "I just wanted to come say hi. Fred and George brought some Exploding Snap and I would like to get a round in."

"More like use it as an excuse to talk to Fred," teased Katie as Genevieve walked past her.

"Oh shut it," says Genevieve as she exits the dorm room.

Devon spoke to me then, "She's got a major crush on Fred, but he likes Angelina Johnson. She's in fifth year. She's also on the Quidditch team with us."

"You guys play Quidditch?" I ask, "is there a league here?"

Katie nods. "Yes, each house has a team. Devon and I are Chasers, along with Angelina."

"That's what I play, too."

"You should try out, Oliver is always looking for new players," says Katie.

"That would be fun, yeah," I say, nodding.

"Awesome," says Devon, "I have to go talk to him anyway. I should go find him."

She exits the dorm then.

"We're going to go down there too," says Leanne. "You're welcome to come too."

"Oh no, I'm okay," I say, "I think that I am just going to go to bed."

"Alright," says Katie. "We'll be by the fireplace if you change your mind."

They left the room then, heading back to the Common Room, and I was left alone to go to sleep for the night.

_________________________
Here's part 2!

Genevieve and Devon are non cannon HP Characters.

I just wanted to make that clear. They're made up for this story.

-Emily Winchester.