Twenty-Six.

I woke to the feeling of someone holding onto my hand, and someone else was stroking my face lightly. I shifted in my position, and then I heard voices, "She's waking up. Anthony, honey, come quick she's waking up."

"Mom?" I ask, my voice sounded groggy, and tired, and hoarse.

"Yes, honey, it's me. I'm here." She says, cupping my face in her hands.

"Grace, don't overwhelm her, sweetie," I heard my dad say. I opened my eyes, and I saw my mom and dad standing around me. I also saw my sister sitting next to me. She was holding my hand.

"William, sweetie," my mom says, "Go get Madam Pomfrey, tell her Daisy is awake please."

"I'll do it," says an older man with red hair and pale skin.

"No, that's alright, Arthur," my mother says to the redhead man, "You stay with Ron. William will do it," she brings her brown eyes back onto my brother. "Go get her please."

Without another word my brother rushes off.

My sister smiles at me, and gives my hand a squeeze. "I-I'm so h-happy you are a-awake."

"Yeah," I say sitting up, "what happened to me?" I ask, as I place my hand onto my head. It was throbbing.

A girl with light brown bushy hair spoke in a British accent, "Professor Snape said he found you sleeping in the library. When he tried to wake you, you were unresponsive. He brought you here after that, saying he found you like that."

"Professor Snape?" I am confused. I had no idea who Professor Snape was. I look at my mom and I ask her, "Where am I?"

"You're in the Hospital Wing at Hogwarts, sweetie."

Hogwarts? That explains the British accents.

My brother returns then with a woman who I assumed was the Madam Pomfrey lady that my mom told him to go get. She asks my family to make some room for her, and then she looks at me. "Hello dearie," she greeted me warmly, "good to see you're awake."

She checks most while my mom starts to explain to her that I didn't seem to remember where I was or why or what happened to me. Madam Pomfrey started asking me questions, like who I knew in the room. I only knew my family, not anyone else. Then she asked me what the last thing I remembered was, and I told her I didn't know.

"She probably got hit in the head by some kids practicing Memory Charms where they weren't supposed to be. Everything else seems to be just fine. Are you in any pain, dear?"

"Yeah," I tell her, "headache."

"I'll get you something for that and then I will alert Professor Flitwick. He should be able to help us out here."

She walks off then without another word. My mom is back at my side. "You really don't remember anything, honey?"

I shake my head. "No. I don't."

"Well don't worry," says William, "Flitwick will get you straightened out."

After I took a drink for my headache, Madam Pomfrey left to go get this Professor Flitwick person. It was then that two identical twin boys walked into the room accompanied by a pale girl with dark blonde hair. They were both redheads, very tall and thin, had lots of freckles, and were dressed very well. Their clothes looked very expensive.

"She's awake," said one of them. He darted towards me, taking the spot where my sister was when I woke up and he hugged me tight saying, "I've been so worried about you darling."

"George, honey," said a plump woman who also had red hair, "George, she just woke up not too long ago. Don't crowd her."

"I'm just hugging my girlfriend, mum," he said, his tone kind of hard.

I was quickly aware that my family and I were the only Americans in the room.

But did he just say girlfriend? What the hell?

"George, please listen," said my mom, her tone soft. "She doesn't remember anything, and she only remembers who her family is. Not anyone else."

"What?" He looks at me, "Is that true? Do you not remember anything?"

I shake my head to say that I didn't without words.

His face drops. "Do you know who I am, Daisy?"

I shake my head no again.

"I'm sorry," I offer him. "I don't."

"Daisy we've been dating for over two years," he tells me, taking my hands in his like it's going to jog my memory. "You don't remember anything?"

I shrug. "No. I don't. I'm sorry."

George stands up now, looking angry. "What happened?"

"Madam Pomfrey thinks she might have gotten struck by kids practicing Memory Charms in the library," my dad explained, keeping his tone even and cool with George, who was obviously getting very upset. "It was an accident, George. She's going to get Professor Flitwick to try and bring her memory back."

George nods, and then he looks at his identical twin. He speaks in a low voice but I heard him perfectly. "You can go back to the shop if you want to but I'm staying. At least until we know if Flitwick can bring her memory back."

"Of course, buddy," he twin says, and pats his shoulders. "You stay as long as you want. It's totally fine. I'll run the shop."

"Thanks," says George, who nods.

The pale girl that was holding the hand of George's twin when they walked in stepped towards me. She looked like she was about to cry. "Hi," she says, her voice was nearly shaking, "I'm Genevieve. We're best friends. We share a dorm in Gryffindor Tower."

"Hi," I greet her back.

She starts crying then, George's twin is suddenly at her side, holding her. "Sorry," says the redhead boy. "It's been a big day, between Ron getting poisoned and Snape finding you unconscious in the library. We're all kind of feeling a bunch of emotions."

"Right, of course," I say, nodding. I looked over to my left and I saw another redhead boy lying unconscious in the bed. That must be who he was talking about.

"Come on, darling," said George's twin. "Let's get you back to Gryffindor Tower."

Genevieve rubbed her eyes and then she and the tall redhead boy left the room. George was standing by his mom, who was holding his hand. My sister was at my side, my brother was at my feet, and my parents were standing at the food of my bed. A redhead girl was sitting on a chair by Ron's bed, the man my mom called Arthur was next to her, his hand on her shoulder. The bushy haired girl was on the other side of Ron's bed, holding his hand.

George's twin said that Ron was poisoned. Now he was breathing normal, sleeping in the bed next to my bed. "This doesn't make any sense." I heard George say, "if her memory was wiped why does she remember her family? Why didn't she end up like Lockhart?"

"Maybe whoever did it tried to reverse it but couldn't undo everything," said the woman who George called mom.

It was then that Madam Pomfrey and a tiny man followed behind her. "Hello," he squeaked. "I'm Professor Flitwick. I've heard you're having some memory problems."

I nod my head yes to him.

"Very well, I'm going to perform some reverse spells if that's alright with you."

I looked over to George, who was watching me intently. If anyone here wants my memory back more than me, it's him.

"Whatever you need to do."

He nods and lifts his wand and performs a nonverbal spell. It did nothing. I still didn't remember anyone or anything. He does it a few more times, but nothing changes. He says he will do some research and try again in the morning. My mom and dad both thanked him and then he left. It was then that my parents told Irina and William they should be off to bed.

They both hugged me and promised me they'd be back tomorrow and then left together. The round, plump redhead woman who George called mom told the redhead girl by Ron that she needed to go to bed too, and then the bushy haired girl went with her after they both said goodbye to me. Then it was just my parents, the two redheads adults who I didn't know, a boy claiming to be my boyfriend of two years, and an unconscious boy next to me. It was all so odd.

George's twin enters the room again after that, this time without Genevieve. His mother greets him warmly. "Fred, you're back already."

"Yeah," he says, nodding, "it's getting late. Gen went off to bed once we got to the tower. Figured I'd come see if there was any good news since I left."

"Not really," said George, "Flitwick tried some reverse spells but nothing worked. He's going to do some research and come back in the morning."

Fred nods, taking in his brother's words. "Well, there's still a chance. Ron's still passed out I see. Not that I expected him to be awake when I got back."

"Madam Pomfrey said he could wake at any moment," their mom said, and she sounded hopeful about it, too.

"Well, that's good," says Fred, nodding again. "Come on, mate. Let's go get some sleep. It's late, and we have a room at The Three Broomsticks waiting for us. We'll come back in the morning to check on both of them, okay?"

George sighs, "Yeah. We should let her get some rest without us watching over her."

"Goodnight boys," their mother told them, and they both hugged her tight. While Fred was hugging his mom George walked over to me.

"Goodnight, Daisy, get some rest."

"Thanks, George, you get some rest, too. Hopefully I'll remember you in the morning."

"I sure hope so," he admits. His tone was desperate. Poor kid looked like he needed a hug. I would have hugged him if he were closer to me.

When they left, I had a question that I needed to ask my parents. "Mom," I said softly, "why am we at Hogwarts?"

___________________________
Here's part 26!

Things are getting juicy!

Poor Georgie though. Why do I always end up hurting him in my stories?

I love being evil.

-Emily Winchester.