Chapter 22

"...Well then where is he?"

Author POV

"That's what they're trying to figure out now," Officer Kim stated bitterly as he gestured towards the officers interrogating the gang members. "But of course, nobody's talking..."

"Well we don't have time for this. Jimin hyung could be dying right now!" Jungkook replied as he brushed past them.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Detective Min shouted as he reached out and grabbed the informant's arm to prevent him from storming off.

"To the security room," he muttered as he attempted to release himself from Yoongi's hold.

"Don't bother, one of the Freedom Fighters was destroying the camera footage when we arrived," the elder explained as he tightened his grip around Jungkook's forearm.

"Well if he was still destroying it when you arrested him, then they didn't have a chance to destroy all of it," Jungkook explained with an exasperated sigh as he yanked his arm back and hurried in the direction of the security room.

Detective Min and Officer Kim were left standing there dumbfounded as they turned to look at one another.

"He's right you know..."

"Just shut up and follow him," Yoongi grumbled as he jogged after the younger quickly, feeling slightly embarrassed. Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle as he caught a glimpse of his boyfriend's pink ears.

"You're so cute sometimes..." he mumbled to himself as he ran to catch up with the other two.

After taking a few twists and turns through the hallway, Jungkook finally managed to reach the security room. Just as he was about to head in though, a large figure appeared and got in his way.

"Hey! You can't go in there..." one of the senior officers announced as he blocked the doorway with his arm.

"I need to get in there!"

"I just said you can't go in there..." the officer gritted, refusing to budge.

"Get out of my way!" the informant demanded angrily.

"Beat it, punk!"

"If you don't-!"

"It's okay, Officer Cho...he's with us," Taehyung called out from halfway down the corridor, Yoongi walking a few steps behind him with his hands on his hips. Jungkook just gave the officer a smug look as he ducked under his bulging bicep swiftly.

"You need to tell that brat to watch his mouth," he grumbled as he moved out of their way reluctantly.

"Oh believe me...I've tried," Taehyung sighed as he followed after Jimin's informant. He watched as the younger rummaged through the tapes, picking each one up to inspect the label.

Jungkook decided to start with the tape labeled 'loading dock' to see if he could capture their escape. He frantically inserted it back into the device and hit the fast forward button. Taehyung and Yoongi quickly stepped closer so they could take a closer look as well. After several minutes of watching blurry images flash across the screen, the eldest noticed something.

"There, stop it!" Yoongi exclaimed as he lightly hit Jungkook's arm. The informant instantly pressed the play button, the other two crowding around him as they watched two figures carrying a body from the back entrance.

"He's not moving..." Jungkook stated worriedly, watching the scene unfold with a rapid heartbeat.

"He's probably unconscious," Taehyung noted, mostly to assure himself that his best friend was still alive. "Speed it up a little so we can see where they're going."