Chapter 14

"...I think I know where they're keeping my family."

Jimin POV

"You- wait...how- you know what? I'm not even gonna ask..." I fumbled as I shook my head with a dry laugh. I figured it was best that I didn't know, because something told me he found out the info illegally. At least this way I wouldn't be forced to charge him with anything.

"Yeah, that's probably for the best."

"So, why the second meeting spot?"

"Because if my source is right...that place is only two blocks from where they're keeping my girls."

"Wow, okay. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thanks, Jimin! I knew I could count on you."

"Don't mention it, hyung."

I hung up the phone and was about to head over to my car when I remembered that Jungkook was still inside the restaurant. I rushed back into the building to see my informant chatting with the waitress as he handed her the receipt. Only when I got closer, was I able to hear them and catch the tail end of their conversation.

"Thank you so much, sir! I hope you and your boyfriend have a wonderful rest of your day," Sue expressed cheerfully, a big smile on her face while she bowed.

"Ah, um, t-thanks..." Jungkook voiced as he suddenly turned his attention towards me.

"Yes, thank you!" I chimed in with a bow, putting my hands together in a respectful manner.

Once she left I signaled for Jungkook to follow me outside. He nodded in understanding as I helped him to his feet, my hands on his right arm. We walked side by side to the entrance while I wrapped my arm around him, resting my hand on his shoulder. As soon as we were in the car, my informant gave me a questioning look.

"So, what's going on?"

"I'm gonna drop you off at my apartment for now. I have an urgent matter I gotta attend to," I muttered as I quickly inserted my keys into the ignition and started the car.

"Alright. Care to elaborate?" he chuckled, his hand reaching back to buckle his seat belt.

"I can't...at least not now," I stated as I pulled out of the parking lot and sped off down the road.

"Oh. Well does this have to do with the Freedom Fighters?"

"Unfortunately, yes," I sighed as I gripped the steering wheel tighter.

"I hope you don't plan on going alone then," my informant remarked with a frown.

"I won't be alone, don't worry."

Time skip (10 minutes)

We drove up to my apartment building and I pulled my car around to the side entrance closest to the elevator. After I put my car in park, my hand rummaged around in the small compartment above the rearview mirror as I retrieved my extra set of house keys.

"Here, take this," I instructed, placing the key ring in the palm of his right hand.

"Do you know when you'll be back?" my informant questioned as he fiddled with the key.

"No, but I'll let you know as soon as I can," I said with a bitter smile.

"Alright."

"Now hurry up, I gotta go," I insisted as I gently nudged his shoulder playfully. My eyes followed him as he unbuckled his seat belt and pushed open the front passenger door. Right when he was about to step out, he turned back to look at me and my face contorted in confusion. "Go ahead! What are you-?"