Chapter 11 (m)

"...D-daddy?"

Author POV

"Cho-Hee!! Oh my- are you okay, baby?!" Hoseok questioned, trying his best not to cry over the phone for his five-year old daughter.

"I'm scared..."

"I know sweet pea, but I need you to be strong for me okay?"

"Okay..."

"That's my girl. Where's mommy?"

"Mommy's in a chair... she can't move." Her father's heart rate increased as he pictured his fiancée tied up in a dark room somewhere. "I have to go now daddy..."

"Okay sweet pea. I love you and tell mommy I love her too. We'll be together soon...I promise."

"I love you too, daddy."

Hoseok smiled as he cherished his daughter's sweet voice before the call was disconnected. He locked the phone and tossed it to the floor as he slid down the wall dejectedly, bursting into tears. All he could think about was how frightened his two girls were and how the Freedom Fighters were forcing him to lie to detective Park.

They had contacted him yesterday, prior to Jungkook getting attacked. Hoseok had returned home to find his apartment empty and no trace of his family anywhere. Just when he was about to go out searching for them he received a call from an unknown number. He was blackmailed into doing what they asked in exchange for the safe return of his loved ones.

With a sigh, he finally picked himself up off the floor and grabbed his phone before exiting the building. The informant was halfway down the alley when he was yanked behind a large garbage bin. When he regained his balance, he whirled around to see who had ambushed him.

"Jimin?!" Hoseok exclaimed in surprise only to be forced into a crouching position.

"Shh...not so loud," the detective requested as he peeked around the garbage bin. 

All of a sudden Hoseok started to panic, wondering if the gang still had eyes on him. While he was busy looking around for any signs of the gang, Jimin snatched the phone from his hands.

"Hey what are you-?"  The older man instantly stopped talking as the detective put a finger up to his own mouth to indicate that he needed to be quiet. Even though he was confused as to how Jimin was here, he patiently watched as the younger man put a small square object on his phone.

"There, this should block any listening device they have for the moment," Jimin muttered as he set the phone aside, his eyes scanning the area before landing back on his confused informant.

"W-what are you still doing here? Y-you have to go! I can't be s-seen with you!" he stuttered worriedly as he moved to stand up.

"I heard everything..." the young detective replied quietly. Hoseok stopped in his tracks as he looked back at Jimin with wide eyes.

"What? That's impossible...I mean they said-" he cut himself off when he realized he might've said too much.

"Don't worry, I made sure that they saw me 'leave.' As soon as I walked out the back door, I could see a suspicious group of men on a balcony a couple buildings down. And besides that you were acting so weird when we met, so I just had to find out what was going on," Jimin explained as he shifted into a sitting position.

"But then how did you hear everything if you're all the way over here?" Hoseok asked with a frown as he sat down across from the detective.

"I had a bug implanted in your phone when you first started working for the department, in case of an emergency," Jimin confessed. His informant nodded in understanding as he lowered his head. "I'm sorry about Cho-Hee and Yun-suh. I know they told you not to go to the police, but I wish you had at least trusted me, hyung..."