Chapter 12 (m)

Friday July 10th, XXXX

Jimin POV

My eyes cracked open as I reached over and shut off my alarm sleepily. I had programmed my clock to go off at 7:00 am this morning so that I could do my normal exercise routine. Even though I didn't have to go into work again, I wanted to stick to my strict schedule and I had already skipped yesterday's workout. With a sigh, I climbed out of bed and stripped off my pajamas before changing into a pair of baggy shorts.

After 20 minutes or so I had completed my warm up and stretches, moving on to the treadmill . I brushed back my wet bangs as I increased my speed, my body heating up from the added exertion. While I was running, I thought about what happened between me and Jungkook last night. From what I could tell, he seemed open to having more of a personal relationship and I was honestly afraid.

There was still some doubt in my mind about his true intentions, but I found myself starting to question that as well. Considering how my past relationships ended though, it's no wonder why I'm like this. Maybe I'm just so used to keeping my heart guarded all the time that I don't even give people a chance... I mean he hasn't given me any real reason not to trust him and I truly enjoy being around him. Ugh, why is everything so confusing?!

Once I did my 25 minutes on the treadmill, I laid out my yoga mat so I could move on to push-ups. When I was two minutes away from reaching my goal, I heard footsteps coming from the hallway. My head turned to the left as Jungkook stepped into the room, rubbing his tired eyes as he leaned his back against the wall.

"Morning sleepy head," I panted as I continued my push-ups.

"Mm, morning, shorty," he replied with a yawn, his messy hair sticking up in every direction.

"I see you're back to that nickname," I grumbled as he chuckled.

"Force of habit," he shrugged as he sat down beside the yoga mat.

"How a-are your ribs?" I questioned with a grunt.

"They're actually pretty good. Only a little sore right now," Jungkook responded, touching them experimentally.

"That's a r-relief," I grinned as I looked up at him. Jungkook hummed in agreement as he placed his palms on the floor behind him for support.

"You're up early. Do you exercise every morning?"

"Y-yeah...although s-sometimes I take a break on the weekend," I grunted as I did a few more push-ups. My timer eventually beeped as I flopped onto the mat tiredly, happy to be two thirds of the way through my exercise. "I'm almost done. I just have 15 minutes of jump ropes left..." I added as I stood up to retrieve the rope.

"Well don't mind me...I'm just enjoying the view," he smirked as he bent his knee, propping up his head on his hand. I looked over my shoulder to see that he was watching me bend over with a smug look on his face. I rolled my eyes with a smile as I returned to my yoga mat, trying to concentrate on the pace of my jump rope.

Time skip (15 minutes)

"All done," I gasped as I laid with my back against the cool mat, arms resting by my sides tiredly. Jungkook rolled over so that he was perpendicular to my head as he rested on his stomach with his arms crossed near his chest. I kept my gaze on the ceiling, but I saw him watching me from the corner of my eyes.

"...What?"

"You have the most kissable looking lips..." he muttered quietly. I turned my head in his direction as my heart skipped a beat, feeling my stomach tense. We locked eyes for a moment before he bent down to kiss me, my eyes widening in slight panic. I turned my head slightly so that he pecked my cheek instead as his eyes flew open.