Epilogue (M)

1 year later

Monday July 26, XXXX

Author POV

It has been three months since Jungkook and Jimin decided to move in together. The detective had come to that conclusion when he realized that practically half his closet space was being taken up by the younger's clothes. So when Jimin had built up the courage to ask Jungkook to move in with him, his boyfriend immediately said yes. And since Jungkook had already spent the night over at his boyfriend's condo on numerous occasions, it didn't take long for them to get used to living together.

The transition had also gone so smoothly because the two males had developed an even closer bond following the death of Jimin's mother. Unfortunately she passed away on May 12th at the young age of 54. Her son and his boyfriend were there when she took her last few breaths, both of them thankful they had the opportunity to say their goodbyes.

In honor of Jimin's mother, Jungkook arranged for Namjoon to officiate their commitment ceremony in her hospice room. He knew that she wouldn't be able to attend their wedding in the future, so he wanted to give her the chance to see it. It had also come as a surprise to his boyfriend who had no idea Jungkook had made all these arrangements. The younger even bought two rings for him and Jimin so that they could exchange them after their vows. Both of them smiled as they slipped the rings on each other's ring finger and kissed their 'husband' with a grin.

All their friends and family members attended the pretend wedding, bringing joy and many tears to everyone who was there to honor Jimin's mother on her last day on earth. But Min-seo left this world in content, knowing that her only child had someone in his life who made him happy. She died holding each of her 'sons' by the hand with a wide smile on her face. Her death was particularly hard for Jimin who now had the pain of losing both his parents. But he had Jungkook by his side to comfort him each step of the way.

Currently Jimin and Jungkook have just finished exercising and showering together. The elder male had been in the middle of getting dressed when his boyfriend tackled him from behind and pinned him on the bed. His police uniform dropped to the floor as Jungkook kissed him roughly, his large hands slipping underneath Jimin's tank top and roaming all over his torso. Jimin gasped at the touch, his mind yelling at him to push his lover away and finish getting ready.

But Jungkook ignored his weak attempts at escaping as he continued kissing down the elder's body, his mouth finding purchase on the blonde male's belly. Detective Park bleached his hair yesterday as a surprise and Jungkook had attacked him as soon as he had entered their condo. Jimin mewled softly as the younger kissed his exposed ribs and abdomen before journeying down to his legs. He watched on as his boyfriend rucked up his boxers so that he had better access to his thighs.

Jungkook POV

"Mmmm, J-Jungkookie~ I have to- ahhh...I have to ngh go to work n-now..." my boyfriend moaned as I eagerly marked his gorgeous, thick thighs with fresh hickeys, the ones from the previous night already starting to fade away.

"Work can wait," I mumbled as I licked over the new purplish-blue spots gently with a groan.

"My- ahh! My c-captain would say otherwise~" Jimin gritted out in between breathy gasps, his muscles tensing where my fingers grazed his soft skin teasingly. "F*ck, Kook-ahhh~! I'm gonna be hard if you keep this up," he whined, his hand gripping my dark hair tightly.