Chapter 13

"How come you're so sure that Siobhan is yours. Ako naman iyong kamukha niya and she could easily pass as-" Anton's daughter, I wanted to add but I stopped myself. From his reaction earlier, I know that it will hurt him.

"At first I really thought that Anton was her father but Siobhan kept addressing him as Tito Anton so I thought that it was an another guy," He's focusing on kneading the dough that won't look at me, "Siobhan told me that she has never seen her father. I did the math on my head and came up with 2 possible answers."

I kept mum and just listened to him, "It was either you got pregnant right after you left or you were already pregnant when you left. Siobhan Grace. Siobhan from Silomon and Giovanna. You named her Grace after my mother. I think that was enough for me to understand that she's mine."

I did name our daughter Grace for his mother. Silas used to tell me stories about his mother and I know how much he loves her. Although we aren't okay, I did want Siobhan to have something from her father and his family.

"Hindi ka hihingi ng praternity test? You did say that are two possible answer."

"No need," He dusted his hands and reached behind his pocket, "I think that this is enough." He slid a picture across the table. Luma na ang larawan pero kitang-kita mo pa rin ang mukha doon. "Nakita na ni Mama si Siobhan, ang sabi pa nga niya sa akin ay kamukhang-kamukha ko daw siya noong baby pa ako."

I studied the picture closely. Kahit na baby ang nasa picture ay kamukhang-kamukha ni Siobhan. Never kong nakita ang mga picture ni Silas noong baby siya kaya never kong narealize.

"Paano mo nalaman ang itsura ni Siobhan noong baby pa siya?" Maraming picture si Siobhan dito sa bahay pero ngayong araw pa lang naman siyang nakapasok dito sa bahay.

"From her pendant." Tumango ako at nagpatuloy na sa paggawa. Hindi na kami nagsalita hanngang matapos kaming gumawa. Paboritong-paborito talaga ito ni Siobhan, siguro dahil iyon ang lagi kong hinahanap noong pinagbubuntis ko pa lang siya.

Nagtungo kami sa sala nang naisalang ko na ang mga nagawa namin pie. Nakatingin lang kami sa isa't isa, naghihintay kung sino ang unang magsasalita.

"I want us to be a family."

"I'm open to co-parenting."

Natigilan kaming dalawa, we both want different things and it's going to be a big problem.

"That chapter in our life is over, Silas," Sagot ko, "Si Siobhan ang pag-usapan natin. I believe that both of us are mature enough to put aside our issues for our daughter."

It might seem harsh but he needs a reality check right now.

"How can it end, Gio? Noong una hindi ko alam kung bakit ka umalis. Sana kinausap mo man lang ako, nakinig ka man lang sana sa sasabihin ko." He didn't raise his voice, it was low but more than enough to get his point across.

I scoffed in disbelief, "It's been years already, Silas. Huwag na tayong maglokohan. That article was the final blow."

"Why won't you listen to me? I can explain, I can make you understand."

Hindi ko siya pinansin, "Si Siobhan ang pag-usapan natin. I didn't put your name on her birth certificate and she also carries my last name."

He looked at me with a promise that it will not be the last time that we'll talk about our topic earlier. "Tell me if you want to be on her birth certificate and if you want to give her your last name."

I just have to ask dahil baka ayaw niya nanaman na malaman ng mga tao. From what I heard from Bonita, habulin pa rin siya ng mga babaeng fans kaya baka ayaw niyang malaman ng iba dahil baka masira image niya.