Chapter 1

It had been a week been a week since Arcee and Optimus had been captured by the Decepticons and Jack's mom and Agent Fowler had been taken by MECH.

Jack had either been in his quarters at the autobot base or spending his time looking for the Decepticon ship.

All the autobots had been searching for the ship relentlessly, unfortunately not having much success.

Jack had become more distant with the autobots not talking to them just going into his quarters and not coming out until he went on a mission by himself.

Jack now wore his hood at all times trying to keep the scar on his left optic less visible.

Jack had just returned to base from an attempt to find Arcee and Optimus he was unsuccessful and he stormed into his quarters.

Both Moonracer and Novascreen Prime looked on with worry.

"You should talk to him try to cheer him up." Moonracer said.

"Why me?" Novascreen Prime asked.

Moonracer shot a glare at him, "he is your best friend so I would hope you would want to help him." Moonracer said as she placed her hands on her hips and continued to glare.

"Right I'm on my way." Novascreen Prime said as he knocked on Apollus Prime's door.

"Hey Jack buddy are you ok, it's me Novascreen Prime." Novascreen Prime said.

No response was heard, so Novascreen Prime knocked again.

"Come on man I'm here for you." Novascreen Prime said as he knocked on Jack's door again.

This time the door opened and Jack stood there.

Jack had his hood up and looked like he wasn't in any mood to talk.

"What do you want?" Jack asked his voice filled with coldness.

"I'm just check on you, you're out searching and then going into your room without talking. You need to talk to us so we can help you." Novascreen Prime said.

Jack's expression soften, "I'm sorry it's just it's my fault they were taken. I need to get them back." Jack said.

"And we will, but we need to work as a team to get back Arcee, Optimus, your mom and agent Fowler." Novascreen Prime said placing a hand on Jack's shoulder.

"Come on Moonracer, Elita 1 and I are going on a search mission, come with." Novascreen Prime said.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Elita won't even look at me." Apollus Prime said.

"She'll get over it, you're part of the team." Novascreen Prime said trying to reassure Jack.

"Ok fine." Jack said reluctantly as he followed Novascreen Prime to the ground bridge.

"Novascreen Prime who did you bring?" Moonracer asked as she stopped them before they reached Elita 1.

"Seriously." Moonracer said motioning at Jack.

"What?" Novascreen Prime asked.

"You brought the bot that Elita can't stand right now." Moonracer said.

Moonracer then turned to Jack, "No offense Jack."

"None taken." Jack said.

"Well he's part of the team she should get over it." Novascreen Prime said as he led the way towards Elita 1.

"This will not end well." Jack said as Moonracer nodded and they followed.

"You have to be kidding me, we're bringing him." Elita 1 said.