Chapter Eight - Wheeljack is a stalker

"Why am I doing this again?" I ask.

"Because they probably want to know why I'm sitting here!" Quickspark snaps from the passenger seat. "So hurry up and start talking or I'm getting out."

"Okay, okay..." I groan as I turn on my blinker. "So you ran off into the woods—"

"Don't tell me! I don't need to hear more of your voice!"

"Then how am I supposed to tell them?!"

"Monologue, duh."

"Humans are weird..." So Quickspark over there had just decimated some unlucky cons and got away. But she's a tiny defenseless human so that shouldn't be possible... And since the cons were after her, I had guessed that the autobots knew her, so I—

"BORING!" Sparks yelled. "You gotta relive it, not just say what happened. Sheesh, it's like you bots don't know anything about monologues."

"Would you just let me think?! How did you hear that anyway?"

"I'm the main character, duh."

"Just how superior do you think you are??"

"Very. Provided I have enough energon. Now get back to it! Their not gonna hang around, obviously, keep their interest!"

"There's a lot of rules... Maybe I should—"

"Start monologuing!" She demanded, slamming her hand against the dashboard.

"Alright, alright."

I called for a groundbridge and moments later, it was there. Don't you dare make a comment, Sparky. I walked through and Bulkhead was decently surprised to see me.

"Jackie!" He said. "I thought you were heading out?"

"Oh, I got a little sidetracked by some cons..." I answered. "Uh, do you guys have another human that hangs around here?"

"Just Miko, Jack, and Raf... why do you ask?"

"I saw one on my way."

"You were in the middle of nowhere." Arcee said, crossing her arms with a pointed look.

"Yeah... must've been seeing things... got knocked pretty hard."

"Are you having hallucinations?" Doc asked.

"Nah, probably just got confused." I had to wonder if I had imagined Sparky—

"Don't call me that."

"Quickspark is too long to say."

"Wheeljack, You either go by Jackie or Jack."

"So... you wanna be called Spark? That doesn't sound right"

"No, Sparks."

"Alrighty." I wasn't sure if I'd imagined Sparks or not, and I tried to put her out of my mind, but she kept on popping up with every lob. Oh, Bulk and I were lobbing. It's really fun.

"It's the most boring thing on earth! It's worse than football."

"I'm pretending you didn't just say that." Then, after a while, Bulk, Bee, and Arcee left to pick up their humans from school. Optimus came back from patrol just after they left, and... considering what I'd seen, imagined or not, he would probably know something about it. Or so I thought.

"Ugh, you can't spoil things like that!" She whined.

"Can you stop interrupting me already?"

"If you stop screwing up then yeah."

I sigh. So I walked up to him and Ratchet. "I've got a question."

"What is it, Wheeljack?" Optimus asked.

"Do you two know about... con-people?"

"Con-people?" Doc asked. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"Humans that have vehicle modes. And blasters... that fly. Heard of any?" I tried not to let my hopes get high... but that didn't work.

"No." Optimus answered. "Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering."

"Is this why you were asking about another human?" Doc asked.

"Maybe...?"

"Wheeljack, what are you not telling us?" Optimus questioned.

"It's probably nothing," I said, "but I think there's a person who has a vehicle mode and blasters and might be able to fly."

"That's impossible." Ratchet said.

"Which is why it's probably nothing... thing is... this human knew I was a wrecker... and killed a good couple dozen of cons."

"We will remain on the lookout for such a human, Wheeljack."

"Can I ask the kids if they know anyone who fits the description?"

"You may."I nodded and took a few steps. "Wheeljack."

"Yeah?"

"Do not tell the children why, just in case. Or the other autobots, if you haven't already."

"Understood."

I just hung around for a while until they got back. Bee and Bulk ended up being sent on a recon mission and Arcee on patrol, without Jack.

"What'cha doing?" I asked as I walked up to their platform.

"I'm totally crushing Raf!" Miko said excitedly as she stared at the tiny screen with a little bit of color on it. "AW! Come on! I totally had you!" She whined, dropping a controller on the table.

"Definitely," Jack said sarcastically.

"Can I ask you three a question?"

"Yeah, what is it?" Raf asked.

"Do you guys know a human girl with brown hair and two different colored eyes?"

"Why are you asking?" Miko asked, leaning off the back of the couch to bring her face very near to mine.

"I thought I saw someone like that near a fight."

"What color are her eyes?" Jack asked.

"One's a bright blue, the other is like Miko's."

"I feel like I've seen someone like that..." Jack said.

"Didn't we all just see her? A week ago?"

"What was Chrissy doing near a bot fight?" Miko asked.

"You know her?" Wheeljack asked.

"Yeah, she's my host's parent's daughter. I live with her. Do I need to bring her here?"

"No, I saw her afterward so I don't think she saw it, the cons definitely won't be reporting her so."

"Cause you ripped their sparks out!"

"Somethin' like that..." I said before walking away. "You wanna tell them the next part?"

"Sure. I walk out the front door to go to school and low and behold, there's a strange autobot sitting in vehicle form across the street that follows me to school and halfway back home before flat out threatening me."

"When did I threaten you?"

"I'll tell you when."