"Let's sit somewhere," he says and I nod. We sit on the steps outside the house.

"I haven't heard about him since then," he says and I frown.

"What do you mean?!" I ask concerned and he seems just as concerned as I am.

"He was supposed to go to you but he never called me again since then, it's been a month and you also didn't call me. I was so worried. I thought you two escaped together," he says and I smile at the last phrase. I wish that was the case.

But I can't help but feel my chest tightening at the news. Is Derek ok? Where is he? What is he doing?!

"Have you tried asking Shanice?" I say and he shakes his head.

"Let's go to her."

~

I told my mom I'm going to see my friends and that I'll come home fast. I only have time to ask Shanice about Derek.

Dominic pulls up to Shanice's house and I run to the door, ringing the bell several times.

It opens when I'm about to ring it again.

"Veronica? You are alive?" She seems worried.

"Where is Derek?"

"He moved out," she says and Dominic finally comes to the door. He is too slow.

She sees Dominic's expression changing and she continues, "he called me to tell me he won't come home anymore, then I went to check his room, and his stuff was already gone," she says and I put my hand on my forehead, annoyed.

"How long ago?"

"A month or something," she says and I look at Dominic, he does the same.

What happened to Derek when he was coming to see me?!

We sprint back to his car and we sit in silence for a while.

"I don't understand, Derek isn't like this-" He stops whatever he was about to say and he seems lost in his thoughts.

"What?" I ask noticing his mood changing when he cuts himself short.

"He did the exact same thing two years ago," he says and I frown.

"Let's talk to Felix," he says and I wince hearing that name. Felix is one of the last people I want to see fresh out of rehabilitation.

I told my mom I'd go home but I can't let Derek in trouble, I can't, no matter the consequences.

Dominic drives off and after a thirty minutes drive, he parks in front of Felix's house which gives me horrible flashbacks of when he didn't want to let me leave.

"Wait here," he says and I nod, knowing damn well I won't wait and leave him alone. I know they are dangerous.

He doesn't even bother to knock on the door and he straight up touches the door handle.

He forces the door a few more times but it's locked. Then he looks around the house and he comes back to the car.

"He isn't home. His car isn't here too," he says and I take a cigarette out of his map holder.