Orion Pax and Megatronus

In the waning days of the Golden Age, Orion Pax and Megatronus were created, two Cybertronians who would forever change Cybertron's fate. Orion was only a clerk in the Iacon Hall of Records while Megatronus was a gladiator  fought the toughest of competitors and creatures. Megatronus promoted change in society which gathered a large grouping of Cybertronians to him, including Orion Pax. Soundwave being the chief of them all.

But they were not always like this.

𝙊𝙧𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙋𝙖𝙭 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙈𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙪𝙨

As revealed in "The Covenant of Primus", Optimus Prime was originally the Thirteenth Prime, the last created of the original 13 Primes. He functioned as a mediator between the other Primes: his brethrens. After tragedy and infighting tore the Primes apart, Optimus Prime decided to be reborn as an ordinary Cybertronian, in order to know them better, and requested to Alpha Trion that his name be erased from the records. Thus Optimus was reincarnated as Orion Pax, and the reborn Cybertronian was left fighting for his life in the wilds outside of Iacon where he was found by Alpha Trion. Orion became a humble clerk of the Iacon Hall of Records, under Alpha Trion's guidance.

In the waning years of the Golden Age, the more Orion learned about his people's past, the more he realised the inequality among the masses. Orion was inspired by the words and ideas of the great gladiator Megatronus, and began corresponding with him. Together, they vowed to bring freedom to the people, and became as close as brothers. However, Megatronus shortened his name to Megatron. Orion and Megatron faced the High Council, where Megatron vowed to overthrow the old guard with force, and arrogantly demanded to be named the next Prime. Orion, who did not believe in violence, instead persuaded the Council with a noble speech. The Council, moved by his words decided that Orion should be the next Prime. Megatron spitefully severed all ties with Orion and the Council, and waged war on all those who defied him. Thus began the Great War. During the War, Optimus had to eject the Allspark from Cybertron for it's own protection, with the help of Alpha Trion.