"What else do you do?" Alessia asked my father. "Our tradition was to go out and shoot some deer. But the boys grew out of that. Now I guess our tradition is to drink and swear at Grace." Father chuckled.

"Fucking disgusting." Alessia shook her head. "The deer shooting or mother?" Kaden chuckled, clearly intoxicated. "Both." Alessia grinned.

I rubbed my head and chuckled which turned into laughing. Alessia turned to look at me and opened her mouth to speak but I silenced her. "Did I ever tell you how beautiful you are?" I looked at her lips. Her lips tugged into a smile. I reached out and ran my finger down her cheek.

"Are you drunk Ace?" She asked, her voice sounding like music. "No." I stated as I struggled to sit upright. "He's fucking drunk." Kaden yelled out, the intoxicated baboon.

"I can still shoot you square in the eyes so shut up." I chuckled and poured some more wine. "You won't stop me drinking?" I asked Alessia as she talked to father. "No I won't Ace." She smirked. What the fuck is she up to?

Father looked up and clicked his tongue in annoyance. I turned to see that mother had returned and this time with gifts in her hands. "I wanted to give these to you." She smiled as she walked back to her empty seat. Father straightened himself out but it was clear that he also drank far too much. I allowed myself to drink more than I normally would, seeing as it was Christmas after all.

Mother smiled and ignored our intoxicated states. "Gabrielle this is for you." She said as she handed her a a small red box. "Oh you didn't have to Mrs Hernandez." Gabrielle replied as she held the box. I noticed the way mother didn't allow Gabrielle to call her by her name. After all Kaden was her sweet baby boy.

We all watched as Gabrielle opened the box to reveal a sterling silver bracelet. "It's beautiful, thank you." She smiled at mother. Kaden was next to open his box which contained a watch. I also received a watch just like Kaden's. "We will match like twins." Kaden chuckled, making Alessia and Gabrielle burst out laughing.

"Fuck off." I growled as I looked at Alessia once more. "Beautiful." I whispered. Alessia shrugged it off and looked at mother who handed her a box. It was bigger than anyone else's and wrapped delicately with a bow. "Oh...a bear." Alessia plucked out the pure white teddy bear with a black tie around its neck.

"Isn't it cute! It's for the baby." Mother grinned while holding her hands together. "It's cute.." Alessia said as she put it back into the box. "So I heard about Mariano. Poor thing. His girlfriend cheated on him?" Mother remarked. Alessia looked at her, contemplating how to respond.

"No she didn't cheat. She was a fucking cop." Alessia replied. "I'm not surprised." Mother said as she sipped some wine. "Why not?" Alessia questioned. "Whoa!" Kaden boomed as he swayed on his chair. I shook my head. Was I on a boat?

"He's hardly a settling down type." Mother continued on. "What are you trying to say?" Alessia stilled. I looked down at her legs, fucking hell. "Someone like him..he's very-" Mother said before getting cut off.

"Shut the fuck up woman! Who the fuck do you think you are? I have tried being nice all evening but fuck it. You have only met Marinao the once and you judge him. No one talks shit about him." Alessia growled.

"Calm down dear. You're stressing the baby." Mother gasped. "Stress?" Alessia scoffed, letting out a short chuckle. She stood up, her fists were clenched. "Fuck this." She said and raised her hand. She struck mother's face very hard. Mother gasped and held her cheek which was now bright red. I saw a flash of immediate regret in Alessia's eyes. 

"Consider that a present you fucking little bitch. Don't come near me. Don't talk to me. Do not come and see the baby. You are dead to me. Don't make me kill you." Alessia growled as she stood over mother. Well fuck.