CHAPTER 10

"I'm not really sure why.
But... do you stop loving
Someone just because
They betray you?
I don't think so. 
That's what makes
The betrayal hurt so much
– pain, frustration, anger...,
and I still loved her. I still do."

----------------------------*

"What's wrong?" Noah asked Elena as soon as he reached the back side of the hospital where dead bodies were kept.

He saw Joseph, Sasha, Josh, and Elena. All of them had their guns out. The doctors were behind them. He didn't waste a moment and pulled out his own gun.

"Sasha go to the front door, Joseph go check inside the hospital and Josh go in the security room and check all the CCTV footage, If you guys find something call me immediately," Elena instructed them as they nodded and instantly followed what she said.

Noah looks confused. "Elli. What the fuck is happening here?"

Elena finally turned to him. "The body is missing!"

"What?..., But how?"

"We came here to check in the body but when the doctor called and informed us the body was missing we could identify it along with all the dates related to it." She exclaimed, looking around.

"Go and keep an eye around, if anyone looks suspicious call us immediately. It could be dangerous!" She said to doctors who immediately left as well.

"Sofi...,?" Elena asked.

"She is safe, went for shopping!" Elena nodded.

"But why would someone want a dead body?" Noah questioned.

"So that we won't ever know the main criminal through his identity. He must have been someone important to his boss!" Noah nodded as his phone rang.

"Josh is calling!" He informed me before picking it up and putting it on speaker.

"Yes? You find something?"

"Yes sir, two men seem to be in a hurry in the parking lot with a patient in a wheelchair. They seem suspicious, one of them had a black jacket, cap, and mask on, sir!"

"Fuck!" Noah cursed, cutting the call. He and Elena run to the parking lot.

They searched around and found them easily as they looked very suspicious. She looked around to find people coming and going with patients, The parking lot was in the basement and it was disadvantageous to them, they could easily grab someone and harm them.

"Take all people out of the parking lot, now!" Noah nodded, fairing in the air. People hustle and bustle around running towards the entrance.

Almost immediately the parking lot was clear, One man came forward to grab the little girl who fell in and another already sat dead body inside the car. The mother of the little girl shouts out. Elena gestures to stop where she was.

Elena ran before the man could reach the little girl as she was close and pushed her behind. The man pointed his gun at Elena, she did the same.

"Let us go!" The man shouts.

"What do you think, we are running here for a play, now put your fucking gun down and surrender." She said back.

"No!...," He took the step back, toward the car.

"Then, it will be your fault for what would happen to you!" In order to discrete him, Elena couldn't see the little girl sneaking behind her trying to get to her crying mother, but that man did.

Before she could do anything, the man fired the gun at the little girl. Elena saw and punched the girl away only for her to shoot her just above her knee.