CHAPTER 9

May the flowers
Remind us,
Why the rain was
So necessary
__________________*

As Elena and Sofia walk into the parking lot, Elena stopped her. "Are you fine?" She asked Sofia, who was hiding her tear-filled eyes.

She smiles brightly. "Of course I am, it was just a shock seeing him after five years!" Elena hugged her, patting her back awkwardly, Sofia was surprised at first but hugged her back, smiling softly, this time genuinely.

Elena pulled back. "I can talk to him if you want me to. I didn't say anything there because it wasn't my place."

Sofia shook her head. "No, don't do anything just focus on your job, and there is nothing to talk about anyways." Elena hesitate but nodded.

Josh noticed them and rushed toward the sisters. "Sorry ma'am, my mom called me." Elena nodded.

"No problem, take her back to my apartment, and did you prepare the report of Young Industries I asked for?"

"Yes ma'am, you can check it tomorrow."

"No, mail that to me later, but today." Josh nodded. "What about that electric shock murder case, when we can get a postmortem report?"

"I talked to the doctor, tomorrow we can get it." Elena nodded. Handing her apartment key to Sofia.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow, Josh!" She left back to the company, while they left for her apartment.

Elena enters Ryan's office after he permits her. He was back at his large chair behind the huge desk, Elena sat in front of him, and Ryan gave her his undivided attention. "Mr. King, I might need your past connection report with Young Industries, it would be so helpful if you can provide us. "

"I will try my best to provide that, is tomorrow fine with you?"

"Tomorrow would be great!"

Elena clears her throat, and Ryan looks at her attentively. "I'm sorry for what happened, Mr. King."

Ryan chuckled. "It was quite a show. Don't worry no harm done."

Elena gave him tight lips smile. "But I must say your sister is quite protective over you, like a mother."

"She is!"

Ryan's curiosity gets the best of him as he asked. "By the way, where do your parents live, Ms. James?"

Elena's eyes snap up at him, and Ryan noticed the sharpness in her half-moon eyes. "Six feet under the ground!"

Ryan look at her brutal answer in surprise, that was not something he was expecting. "I'm sorry, Miss. James..., I-i did....,"

He was cut off by her. "Why are you saying sorry, it's not like you killed them. "

Ryan's eyes widened. "Huh?"

"Nothing. Once again I'm sorry on behalf of my sister. It was totally unprofessional!"

Ryan recovers from her answer. "It's not like what we did was professional. Miss. James!"

This time Elena looked at him in surprise as he suddenly referred to their kiss. "I was drunk, Mr. King. I sincerely apologize for that."

Ryan scoffed as he joined his fingers and keep them on the table, looking at her intently. "Tell me, Miss. James. Did you tell your boyfriend that you miss him so much that you kissed your client in a drunk state and took his name?" He spat out those as if they were venom.

"Mr. King, you are taking everything wrong...,"

Ryan laughs loudly, throwing his head back. "Taking everything wrong, really Miss. James?" He glares at her, unable to control himself.