Beach Blanket Bogus

Fire burned in my lungs. Paced, articulated breaths were calculated to keep myself afloat to not lose myself in the moment.

The heavy rhythmic respiration sounds against my own panted hard as Trent's fast pace kept me on the edge of my toes, going just as hard to match his speed.

Trent beaded with sweat. His forehead glistened from the early morning sun as its light reflected his skin radiating with a perfect glow. The muscles in his arms and legs tightened as he gained more velocity.

My heart thumped hard in my chest, feeling and hearing it in my skull as it pulsated hard. I tried to keep my breath from becoming shaky. The sounds of our breaths gasped for air as our bodies tired out from our physical performance.

Trent's breath battled against my own. We both breathed hard while trying to keep ourselves stable, even if we were short of air. It was difficult while giving each other the perfect edge. We were perfectly matched for this moment. Trent and I could go for marathons.

Speed meant nothing. The power in his calves proved he knew what he was doing. He's done this before. This definitely wasn't his first rodeo, as he was quite sustainable.

Trent is the perfect partner. He met his match with me, which left me wondering about the alien challenge. He had to be slowing down for Gwen, but with me, he was giving his all.

Except for me to abruptly stop causing Trent to collide into me from behind, his hand accidentally yanking at my curls as we toppled against each other over the asphalt. The warm sweat of his body smothered on top of me like a human glue stick.

"Oh no! Are you okay? What happened?" asked Trent worriedly as he carefully tried to get off me. He held out a hand for me to take, helping me to my feet.

"Desolé. Thought I saw a rat." I figured as I wipe the dirt off my body. Great. I skinned my knee.

"You're bleeding." Trent took notice.

"I'll be all right." I wave off. "It's not too bad. Trust me. I've handled much worse."

"I know, but still." said Trent softly. "You're fragile."

"You don't know what you're talking about." I retort, not sure what he meant as our run was completed. "I'm not as fragile as you think."

"Perhaps you're right." He said with a shrug. "Here." He leaned down and carefully wiped at the blood that dribbled down my calf.

"Merci. But, now you have blood on your hand."

"That's okay." said Trent carefully as he stood back up, his hand reddened. "It doesn't bother me. As long as you're all right."

We furthered along the path before we were heading back to the trailer set where everyone else were sleeping inside. Trent threw himself down on the bench, wiping a hand over his forehead to draw the sweat away.

"Whew. I'm beat." said Trent with a heavy breath. "Think I'm gonna head to the showers."

"You said it." I nodded in agreement before plopping myself down beside him. "It is pretty warm today. Shame it isn't on an island though."

Trent turned to me curiously before asking, "You ran back on the island? Of course, I should've known. You seem to really enjoy it, you were on fire back there."

"Merci. Oui, I wouldn't call myself a track star or anything," I admit willingly, "but I do enjoy it more as a lifestyle. It's therapeutic to me. Something about the endorphins and dopamine released that gives a pleasant pleasurable experience. It's almost like flying."

"I get it." Trent nods in understanding. "I used to run back at home all the time through the woods. We had a long trail that went up the woods from my mom's trailer. It was a two and a half mile run to the lake. Used to go up there all the time but kinda stopped after I got into guitar."