The Sand Witch Project

DJ was sleeping on the grass curled up with a stuffed animal. Strangely, Duncan and Justin were getting along as they played soccer together, shuffling the ball over DJ as an obstacle. Heather was lounging on a chair, keeping a cut throat eye on Justin while she was relaxing in the sunshine.

Harold, LeShawna, Owen, and Izzy were playing a game of cards together. I was not. Rather, I was sharping up some wood to replace my knife that Chris still hasn't given back.

To think that he might give it back after the show, but once we're gone, it'll be totally over. Unless he brings us back like he did Izzy, but I think she finds a way back in herself.

"Hey, Sydney," called out Heather waving me over to her. Getting up from my spot, I walk over to see what she wanted. "So I figured something out. What if, you tell Chef since you're practically his niece or something and he can handle it with Chris? Then they can get rid of him."

My head shook profusely at that. "Telling Chef? He would murder Justin. Not that I oppose, but it would be sloppy."

"Yeah, fair point." she nods slowly in agreement. "Well why not that camera guy that found you? You said he was the only reason you got away. Are you sure he's not going to say something?"

"And risk his career?" I say thoughtfully. "He's not going to do that either. I think he's scared of Chris anyway. All the staff is."

She pursed her lips together, stumped. "Yeah... that's a good point. Well, if you come up with an idea, tell me and I'll help."

It was surprisingly nice that Heather wanted to help. It comforted my thoughts, but the rest of me knew deep down I wasn't. I prayed and hoped that the feeling of Justin's hands against mine would disappear, but that was all I could think about. The feeling of his hands and mouth against mine left me in a visceral rage that I had to go punch out my feelings.

Heather knew that I wasn't okay. She understood where I was coming from, leaving me alone as I went to find some real trees to hit. My knuckles were left bruised and bloodied. Every hit got harder and more rough than the last as I was left screaming and crying out, wishing that this would all go away.

None of it was ever going to leave me. My body was forever tainted by Justin and what he did to me. Knowing I'll never be the same, knowing I'll never feel safe again. I just wanted to feel like I could breathe.

Walking back to everyone else, I took a seat beside Heather. She was kind enough to not say anything. She noticed my bleeding fist, the mechanical hand scuffed and scratched from the bark of the tree.

Thankfully she didn't utter a word about it. Her eyes said enough, giving attention to the rest of the bruises that weren't caused by myself. My wrists had bruises the size of thumb prints besides the ones on the rest of me.

"Izzy... do you have a B.L.T.?" asked Owen referring to his game with my teammates. Justin was playing soccer with Duncan still. It was truly sickening to believe they were getting along so well. "I'll also take a five."

"I can't believe you managed to steal these from lunch!" Lindsay gulps holding a big plate of egg salad sandwiches. "Yummers!"

"I call this the Egg Salad Firework! Drumroll!" mentioned Beth after completing her baton twirling routine as she threw her sandwiches in the air as Owen caught them. "Owen! Stop stealing my sammies!"

Owen began laughing with his mouth full as he sat back at the table with his cards back in his hands as if he didn't just steal and eat a few. "What are you talking about?"

"You disgust me, Owen." said LeShawna with her mouth full who had also stolen one along with everyone else.

Heather spoke also with her mouth full. "Yeah, what kind of pig are you? Mm."