Belle silently delighted in the rest of the celebratory wedding obligations that filled the remainder of the evening. The cake cutting, the toasts, the first dance as husband and wife, but she never let Jackson know she relished in being his. As the night went on, it took a turn when she noticed Marcel and Jackson arguing quietly with each other away from everyone else. She didn't even remember moving her feet to the music every time they had danced. Belle knew Jackson's mind was elsewhere and his grip was tense around her. Her head was spinning and by the end of the night, she was exhausted in the back of the limo with Jackson silently looking out the window.

***

They stepped into the house they would now share as husband and wife until further notice. Jackson didn't say a word as he waltzed into the great room, heading straight for the bar, and poured himself a heavy glass of whiskey.
"Well, I'm tired. I'm going to go to bed." She felt the tension building in the room and wanted no part of it.
"Aren't you going to ask me how my business trip went?" he said, taking a big gulp from his glass.
"How was your business trip?" she appeased him but didn't know why he'd involve her in his business.
"It was shit. I got completely bulldozed by the client. He knew all about the missing money. Wanted to know where it went, who took it! What was I supposed to say? Five months of negotiations and they'll now they want nothing to do with us. And on top of it all, I'm sure they're going to spread the word to everyone else they do business with." he said with an aggravated sigh before taking in another swill.
"I'm sorry. But like I already said, my father wasn't the one who took the money. If you let him finish his work he could find who did." Jackson just huffed a laugh at her words.
"Fine, if you won't listen to me then why are you even telling me all this?"
He looked up at her before rising from the couch and putting his glass down. Inching closer to her with every step her heart started to thud.
"Aren't wives supposed to make their husbands feel better? Take the stress away?" Belle lets out a chuckle at his arrogance.
"I think the whiskey has gone to your head!" Before she can turn her body away his mouth was on hers like gasoline starting a blazing fire. His kiss was hard and messy, tasting of intoxicating whiskey.
"Jackson! You're drunk! What are you doing?" She rips her mouth from his and pushed him away.
"That doesn't stop me from being able to fuck?" She pushed him away further.
"Why on earth would I want to do such a thing with you?" she spat the words out despicably.
He lets out an arrogant chuckle under his breath as his smirk glows on his face.
"Don't deny it. Every woman wants me. And you're the one lucky enough to have me on your wedding night." He steps closer to her seductively grazing his fingers up her arm and pulling the strap of her wedding dress down her shoulder. "You should make the most of it, Mrs. Mason," he whispers in her ear, making her shudder.
"You disgust me! Don't ever call me a Mason! Only one of your whores would truly be suitable to fit the name!"
"Speak to me like that again and I will annul this marriage right now and you can watch your father die in a fucking prison!" His blazing dark eyes were filled with rage and she saw the beast inside him awaken.
"You're a monster!" Belle shouts as the tears began to fall down her face in horror.
"I don't care what the fuck you think I am! You're mine now and you'll do as I say!" he said in his egotistical deep husky voice.
Yes, he was intoxicated and that dismantled his judgment but he was also infuriated. Infuriated that she was so offended by his touch. He was used to women melting desperately under his fingers but she flinched in resentment at the mere sight of him.
Taking a prominent step closer as he ordered, "Now take off your clothes!"

Belle locked her jaw as she held back the tears and with a shaky breath, she began to strip from her wedding dress down to her laced undergarments. She looked up at his face and saw the wild beast stalking his prey and she began to fume again he had subjected her to such a disgraceful position. She took her dress and with all her might threw it straight at his face in a rage.
"You may own me, but take a good look because you will never have me!"

She turned and walked to the door but in a quick second, he lunged at her, pinning her against the wall with his strength as his hand ferociously gripped her chin tight, forcing her to keep her eyes locked on his.
"You're my wife! You're supposed to give yourself to me!"
"A wife is supposed to love you and I hate you! No one could ever love someone like you!" Belle said through her gritted teeth.
Just as quickly as she gained her courage did it fall to her feet seeing the rage in his eyes. Belle gasped and flinched at his subtle movement expecting him to strike her, but he moved his body back from hers and released his hold on her chin.
She searched his eyes confused at his submissive actions and she saw a glimpse of pain and sorrow behind his dark, ominous bottomless pit of his soul. He knew he overstepped and let the emotions get the better of him. How he's so used to any woman dropping their clothes effortlessly for him, yet the one woman he wanted seemed so repulsed to be in the same room as him, never mind being wedlock to him. Because deep down where he keeps his real emotions bottled up holds a secret desire of what he's always longed for ever since he could remember.
"Leave!" He shouted as he turned his back to her and grabbed his drink again. She suddenly felt horrible for the things she said.
"I said LEAVE!" He shouted again so loud it echoed through the room and without hesitation she picked up her dress and scurried down the hall.