Breakfast was a joyful affair. No more talk of what was going on and no more tears. Instead everyone fell into easy banter. Soon the food was gone and I was serving cups of coffees. The guys were in the family room discussing the new album they needed to get back to working on. Aubree must have grown bored listening to them because she joined me in the kitchen.

"Anything I can help with," she asks coming to sit at one of the bar stools at the kitchen island.

"Currently no," I tell her watching the coffee brew. I turn to face her, "but I really could use they help carrying this to the guys." 

Aubree kept looking at me and then looking away. I could tell she wanted to aske me something, but wasn't sure if she should. Usually Aubree has no problem saying what is on her mind. Whatever this is must be really bothering her. Hope she's not thinking about not hiring me to be her assistant. I could still work till I got to sick. Tired of watching her sit their uncomfortable I encourage her to tell me what was on her mind. "Aubree since when are you one to hold something back. Just come out with it already." I lean a hip on the opposite side of the island from her and wait.

"Since I don't know what to say to you," she mutters without meeting my gaze.

I chuckle at her absurdness, "Aubree you talk to me how you always do. Nothing has changed yet."

"But," I cut her off.

"No but. Till we know more we continue to live as we would normally." I explain turning to the fridge to grab the creamer and then the cabinet to grab the sugar. I place them on the island between us.

"Are you scared," she asks me finally meeting my eyes.

"I am," I hold up a finger to stop her from talking, "but I'm also not going to let it stop me from leaving. If I don't have it then I'm going to feel silly for wallowing in self pity and if I do have it I won't want to waste time wallowing. No matter what it is I can't change it can only continue forward. No use crying over spilled milk."

She smiles and nods her head, "ready to bring the coffee to the guys?" 

I had her some mugs to carry and I grab the coffee grateful she changed the topic. Dimitri was right earlier to now dwell on this and that is exactly what I was going to do. We walk into the family room and pass the cups out. The guys each pour their own coffee and since there was seven of us I had to make another pot. 

Once they drank their coffee everyone left making me promise yet again to let them know when the appoint was because they wanted to be there. Should I warn the doctor's office about the five rockers that will be in their waiting room with me? Probably should. But then again if I say something someone could leak the information and they could be come bombarded with fans. Better off saying nothing and just showing up.

Dimitri and I were finishing getting ready to head out to his dad's house. I now understood better how he felt meeting my parents for the first time. I had spoken to his step mom once when we were trying to get him to stop talking to one of his exs. Her and I had teamed up together to convince him to sever ties with her. Wonder if she remembers me.

"Read to go babe," Dimitri asks standing by the door vibrating with excitement. He's been missing his family and was more than ready to see them. 

"Yep," I tell him checking real quick that I did have everything. 

He leads me out the door and down the hall to the elevator. "I can't wait till we get to go house shopping and can have our own land."

I smile. He is still talking about a future with us. "I can't wait to have Renegade here. But we are going to have to find a second horse. Horses are herd animals and he will need a friend."

Dimitri takes my hand and pulls me in closer to him when we step onto the elevator. "Guess I'm really getting into the horse world."

"Oh you want the horse for you and here I thought I might be able to talk you into buying me another horse," I tell him laughing and feeling joy for the first time in awhile.

He shakes his head. "Nope. You support me in what I love. I will support you in what you love. Just need to hire a trainer to teach me to ride."

"Male trainer," I state seeing green. No way was I going to let a female teach him how to ride. 

"Male trainer it is," he says eyes dancing with merriment due to my jealously. "Better yet since you are Aubree's assistant you can add it to you list of this to do."

I speak to him though narrowed eyes, "you are enjoying this way to much."

The elevator doors open and he pulls me off to the side when we exit. He places kisses on my neck and whispers in my ear, "remember back on the plan you called me master as a joke?" I nod my my head in answer unsure where he was going with this. "Well not I kind of am you master."

I pull away from him to glare, "say what?"

He tries to appear completely innocent while speaking, "well you are going to be working for us and have to do what we ask you to."

I hold up a finger, "within reason I remind him."

He nods his head with a smile, "yes within reason. So because of that I am your master and you shall be my minion."

"I refuse to wear overalls and eat bananas." I tell him with a smile enjoying us being back into our easy banter with on another. I've been missing this the past couple of weeks. I was to worried about him finding out what was wrong I had lost sight of the moments between is. It was a great feeling to be back on track with one another. I only hope the doctor delivers good news and this can continue for us because if the news is bad I don't know what we would do. Though I do know one thing Dimitri would be by my side the entire time holding my hand. Along with the rest of the band.  

"You watch way to many kids movies," he says with a smile and kissing my forehead. 

I raise a brow, "looks whos talking. How many times have you made me watch The How to Train Your Dragon trilogy?"

He takes my hand and heads towards the car, "we should really get going don't want to be late." I shake my head over him never answering my questions because he knows there was no way he was going to win the argument. Dimitri enjoys kid movies as much as I do. 

He opens the door of his Corvette for me and I slide in waiting for him to get behind the wheel. Once he does he backs out and heads out through the garage door. We enter the light traffic and make our way to his dad's house.

"Are we telling them about what is going on," I ask him wanting to know how much he wanted to share with his family since mine has no clue. I had called my mom earlier and told her about when we were going to return back to Chicago. She was excited to see me. I refrained from tell her that I have news to share because I know she would only worry till we got out there. Plus then she would keep begging to know what was going on and I would cave. I'd much rather tell her in person so she can see how happy I am with my decision.

Dimitri pulls up a long drive way to a modest looking home. He puts the car in park and exits to open my door. Dimitri offers me his hand to step out, "ready?"