Getting Away

I woke up a few hours later laying on Matt's bed with a strange man standing over me. He was wearing a black suit and was wrapping something around my arm. I blinked a couple of time and tried to understand what was going on.I looked down at my arm and saw a cast was being placed around my forearm, this must be a doctor. I looked over at him and then around the room. I was all alone, the door was open and Matt was gone. What had happened. The pain rushed back into my body making me gasp. The intake of air caused more pain around my ribs making me scream. The doctor placed his hand on my chest.

"Please lay still, you are very damaged." He said "You have broken your arm, most of your ribs, your cheek bone and your leg." He said gesturing to my body. "You are one lucky girl, falling down all those stairs, you should be dead." He said eyeing me. I knew he knew the truth, that the stairs did not cause these injuries, but he was paid to say something else.

"What are you talking about?" I asked with a scratchy voice, my throat hurt so bad.

"You fell down the stairs. You are lucky Matt was here to call me, you should have died." He said again. I closed my eyes, had I imagined the beating that Matt had given me? No I knew I did not fall down the stairs, I knew he cause this pain. I hated Matt. I heard a door open and a familiar voice shouting.

"Where is she!" My mother yelled. I heard her run up the stairs and then watched her run into Matt's bedroom. "My baby, my god!" She said halting at the foot of the bed. She placed her hand over her mouth and started to cry.

"Mom!" I said with relief. I knew no one would hurt me while she was around. My dad stepped into the room quietly looking at the bed and then away fast. I knew it was killing him to see me this way. "I want to go home." I said trying hard to speak, my throat hurt so much.

"She will be good to travel her in a few moments. I am finishing up now and then I will be sending and order over to her doctor to have a check up and another x-ray to make sure the bones are healing properly." The doctor answered. He finished up and then asked if he could speak with my parents alone in the hall way. My mother kissed me and then walked out of the room still crying. I had closed my eyes and had not noticed anyone walk into the room until I felt his touch. My eyes shot open and I flinched.

"I'm glad you are okay." He whispered to me. 'When I saw you laying there not moving I lost it, i thought I lost you." He said crying now. "I am so sorry. I thought I had better control over myself but I didn't." He said reaching out and touching my cast. I didn't say anything, what could I say to him. His eyes were blue again, the feelings I have always had for him rushed in, I loved the boy standing in front of me, why can he not be here always.

"I did not fall down the stairs." I whispered.

"No one will believe you." He said back coldly. "This way would be easier for you, I don't want your family to hate me. If I told the truth they would never let me see you again." He said now touching my swollen cheek. "You want me to be with you right?" He asked again leaning in and kissing me. His kiss felt as it once had, before the other Matt. I did not want to leave this man I loved him.

"No, I don't want to lose you." I whispered and looked back at him and smiled. My mother walked into the room and helped me down the stairs and into the car. My mother hugged Matt thanking him for his fast action and paying for a doctor to come out and take care of me. Matt came and kissed me goodbye and handed me an envelope.

"Its from my father. Open it alone." He said. I turned and waved goodbye.

I had no idea my whole life would change when I got home. My mother was helping me into bed and took of my sweatshirt off. I was on some medication so I was not as alert so I could not stop her. I herd her gasp and saw her hand fly up to her mouth.