Papi

Lovie

"MAMA! SOMEBODY AT THE DOOR!" Caleb yelled to me from the living room. "Well baby get the door and say who is it before you just open it!" I said back as I cut up the chicken.

I wanted to make chicken and shrimp Alfredo tonight. I was craving it tonight and I couldn't wait any longer.

"Ma..." Caleb asked with concern. "Yeah baby wassup?" I said turning around. "My .. dad is here .." he said quietly. "Kylan came home already? That's early for him" I said confused. "No ma, Derrick is here" he sighed. I quickly dropping the knife and turned around.

"Go to your room" I said grabbing my phone to call Kylan. "What? Ma why?" He asked confused. "Caleb for once in your life baby just listen to me" I said raising my voice a little. He sighed and walked to his room without any farther questions.

"Wassup bouncy butt" Kylan said answering the FaceTime call with a smile. "He's out... Caleb seen him Kylan" I said about to cry. "Wait what? Who?" He asked grabbing his keys. "Derrick is at the house" said rubbing my head.

"I'm on the way. Don't go to the damn door Lovie I mean that shit bruh" he said hanging up.

I know he said don't do it but I just want to know why he's back. What does he need now?

I walked my happy ass to the door and sighed.

"Derrick ..." I mumbled not looking up. "Lovie .. wow you look just wow" he said surprised.

Hmph.. always remember ladies, never name or lay with a stray dog. They will always find their way back to you.

"Derrick you have to leave" I said point to the door. "Why I'm just here to see my son and apologize. I was really going through something I was on drugs heavy and my actions were crazy. I'm really sorry Lovie" he said about to touch me but Kylan grabbed him.

"The fuck are you doing at my house Nigga?" He said calmly. "I need to see my son that's it!" Derrick said getting louder causing our neighbors to come out. "Baby please there are people watching let him go" I said walking outside with my hand on my stomach.

"Derrick I can't force anything with you and Caleb but I can't get in the way of something like that. It is Caleb's choice if he wants you here. He grew up watching you mistreat me and leave him out in the dust multiple times! You caused me a hell of a lot of damn pain but you are his father and I will beat myself up knowing you tried to see him after you got out and I refused it. But let me tell you something.." I said walking closer.

"Baby w- I got it Kylan. If you touch my baby or harm him in anyway I will kill you myself." I said punching his chest.

"CALEB!" I yelled walking towards my front door as Derrick moaned from the pain. "Yeah ma? I'm kinda busy here" he sighed taking his headset off. "Derrick is here to talk to you.. your dad baby" I said kissing his head.

"My dad? My dad's name is Kylan." He mugged. "Caleb baby you need t- To what? Talk to him? About what? You know what he did to me hell I know you remember how he treated you! I'm not forgiving him for that shit. Otherwise he can step!" Caleb said walking back in the house.

"You brainwashed him..." Derrick yelled. "Alright let's go" Kylan said walking to the door with me in front of him. "You won't get away with this Lovie! I will see my damn son!" Derrick continued to yell as we walked in the house and closed the door.

"Am I a bad mom?" I asked with my head down. "Nah pick your head up" Kylan said grabbing my arms. "I just want things to be on a positive note but I can't force him to be around Derrick" I said hugging Kylan's waist.

"Yea baby he's old enough now to let his mind process that. I can't even step in and speak on the situation how I want because it's not always easy to say something without it sounding forced. I love you" He said kissing my forehead then everywhere on my face not missing a spot.

"I love you more" I sighed and wiped the tears away that were threatening to fall.

In all reality I don't want my son near that punk ass nigga but I can't do that. That's no way to go about life as a mother.

It seems to me that more problems are on the way to me now.

** Like and Comment **