Chan facial expression slightly changed, just by the tiniest bit, to an angry one? Or was it sad? Jeongin couldn't tell, as Chan's face changed back quickly. 

"Hyunjin brought you here." He muttered, looking away. 

"What?" Now Jeongin was really confused. Why did he drink so much? The last thing he remembered was when Hyunjin and Minho joined them and then they talked and played a few games. Jeongin didn't remember anything after that. 

"Don't worry about it. Come on, let's get you something to eat." Chan said, brushing it off. 

While Jeongin was eating, he couldn't help but notice that something was different about Chan. Something was different, for sure, but what?

"Jeongin?" 

"Yeah?" 

"I'm... busy today, so I'll call you a cab to get you home, ok?" 

That was exactly what was wrong with Chan. Usually, he'd worry endlessly and do everything possible to ensure Jeongin was safe and ok. The normal Chan would never just send Jeongin home in a cab.

"Ok." Jeongin nodded, still trying to decipher what was bothering Chan. 

It was the start of winter break, and Jeongin felt miserable. He was as lonely as ever, sat in his bedroom, looking at the wall. It was close to Christmas, so everyone had something or the other to do. Jisung was going to spend most of the holidays with his parents, and probably Minho. Changbin and Felix were probably going to be together, and Seungmin told everyone he had plans, although no one really knew what those plans were. 

It was only Jeongin who was stuck alone. His mother was barely home, since she was out working hard to earn enough money for them to be able to live comfortably. Jeongin had always wanted to help her out with a pat time job, or something, but she would never let him and tell him to focus on his studies, instead. 

Actually, there was one person Jeongin could spend time with: Chan. The only problem was that Jeongin didn't think that Chan wanted to spend time with him, since he'd been ignoring all of Jeongin's calls and text messages, or responding with the same phrase every time: 'I'm busy'. 

Jeongin didn't know what happened to make Chan so distant, but it sure was stressing him out. He tried to think back to that night he ended up at Chan's place, trying to remember what happened. Maybe it had something to do with Hyunjin? Chan did mention him. Hyunjin... 

Jeongin began recalling different memories about Hyunjin, instead of trying to remember that night. He smiled, remembering when he and Hyunjin went to that dodgy café, during school hours. His smile faded when he remembered Hyunjin confessing his feelings and running away. Why did he run away? Then Jeongin remembered kissing Hyunjin in an elevator, missing that feeling of Hyunjin so close to him. 

Wait, what?

When did that happen? 

Finally, Jeongin realised that was from the night he'd originally been trying to remember. Is that what was bothering Chan so much? Or did something happen after? 

"Jeongin!" His mother called, disrupting his train of thought. 

"Yes?" He responded, getting up to see what his mother needed. 

"Sweetie, I know it's a hassle, but could you quickly go to the grocery store? We ran out of milk and eggs." She asked. 

"Yeah, I don't mind. Give me a minute." Jeongin agreed. He knew his mother was only asking him because she was too exhausted.