ii. Author's Note

Hi friends!

          The Enchanted Forest of Mangga is my first children's fiction story to participate in this year 2021 ONC! I'm using prompt #7 When the siblings found a lost fairy in the garden shed, they decided to help her find the way home. They were in an adventure. 

          Bea, Ali, and Sez travels far across the Pacific ocean with their parents to live with their sick Lolo who owns a mango farm in the Philippine province. The siblings--foreign to the new land, language, and customs--find it difficult to adapt to their new home. One dewy morning while following a trail of ants in Lolo's small mango shed, the younger child Sez discovers a peculiar insect and catches it, but to his surprise, the insect screams. A tiny human girl scream. But the fairy was hurt and cannot walk nor fly. With the help of her new friends, the children decide to help the fairy find her way back home before her fairy family realizes she's missing or else something bad will happen to Lolo's mango farm. 

         My family owns a large land in the province which inspired the setting of Lolo's mango farm

         My family owns a large land in the province which inspired the setting of Lolo's mango farm. My mama told me stories about when she was younger, she and her family used to have a farm of sugar cane and other fruits/vegetables but it was hard to maintain after continuous bagyo (storms) ravaging the land. I have never visited the land, but I wish someday I will try after the COVID pandemic and of course, if I saved up some money for the trip. Bea, Ali, and Sez are based on my pamangkins (niblings/niece/nephews) and a little bit of myself because even though we are born Filipino, we were raised in an U.S. territory island outside of the Philippines. This is me trying to connect with my Filipino roots. And when I was young, I was very much fascinated with fairies. Even though it is still a draft, I hope my story and characters connects with you. I wanted to write this story about home, family, and to cherish what we have in the present. 

𝒲𝑒𝓁𝒸𝑜𝓂𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝐸𝓃𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝐹𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓈𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝑀𝒶𝓃𝑔𝑔𝒶

🧚🏽‍♀️🥭🥭🥭🧚🏽‍♀️

February 1, 2021