We Belong Together

"Chloe can you please pass me the baby blue can of paint?" Tessa asked me.

"Yeah sure. Here." I went over to her and gave her the paint.

"Wow, it already looks so good!" I said, admiring the banner.

Today was the school Track and Field day and Tessa and I had signed up to volunteer as designers. A lot of the students had their own stalls and stuff but we were in charge of doing the main stuff like the banner, lights and setting up the stage. Everyone in town is welcome to the event since we don't have much else going around here and it usually ends up being a very fun day.

Currently I am stressing out over random bits for the event tonight such as if the generator for lights will be here on time or the biggest fear; rain. I'm praying (even though I barely pray nowadays) that it doesn't rain tonight or our whole event will be ruined. The forecast does say it will rain tonight but I'm just hoping the odds are in our favour.

"It still says that rain is scheduled for tonight at 10." I said checking the weather again.
"Ugh. Let's just hope it doesn't. That's what usually happens here in Cali. Rain is so rare nowadays." Tessa said, putting the final touches on her huge banner.

"Okay I guess we just wait for this to dry now?" I asked her.
She nodded and we washed our hands at the basin.

"So how are things going with you and Kai?" I asked.

She sighed. "I don't get it honestly. At first he was really into me and I was into him but he's just fallen off lately, like the last time I saw him was 5 days ago."

"C'mon that's not even that long ago, besides he's probably busy. It's probably not easy adjusting to life here." I said.

"Yeah, I hope he calls me soon." She said.

"Do your parents know about you guys?"

"I haven't told them about Kai yet and I'm really not looking forward to it. I mean even I'm not sure if he's my boyfriend yet."

"Hey girls, I got the fairy lights, would you mind installing them now?" Ms. Brown said, walking into the art room.

"Yeah sure. We're done with banner too. It just needs to dry and be installed on the gates." I said heading outside. It was already 5pm and almost time for the festival to start.

Tess and I set up the lights which took us about 20 mins and then we went back to her house which was only 5 mins away from the school and changed into our outfits.

I was wearing a cute yellow floral dress with tint pink roses on it and a long list down the side.

Tessa wore a collared shirt under an over sized crew neck sweater and black leather skirt