✏chapter thirteen

Chapter One: Destination Despair // Daily Life
-------
i woke up to another monokuma morning announcement. i ran a hand through my hair.
'dammit, i'm more tired than usual..'

i stood up, glancing around my room as i stretched. afterwards, i left my cottage. i ran into kazuichi.
"oh. morning kaz--"
"what was hajime doing in your cottage??" he interuppted. "he knocked at my door last night and told me that he couldn't sleep. then i guess we talked until we both fell asleep" i explained.

"yeah, yeah, nice excuse" kaz replied.
"it's not an excuse. i have no reason to lie about that. if we did do the dirty, then i would proudly say that we did. but we didn't" i said.
"......did he use protection at least...?" he questioned.

*SMACK!*

"just shut up. also, if i hear you spread rumors about haji and i, you'll regret it" i threaten, walking off to the resturant.
---------------------------------------------
"morning chiaki" i greeted. "morning" she replied.
"how's your game going?"
"pretty good. i'm getting a decent score. hey, are you heading to the resturant?" chiaki asked.
"yeah"

"cool. i'll come with"
chiaki ended the game and stood from her seat, the two of us heading upstairs to the resturant. the only people there were hajime, mikan, byakuya, and akane.
"morning everybody" chiaki said. everybody replied with a 'good morning'. well, except for akane, who was eating like there was no tomorrow.

"um, i'm concerned" i say to her. "hm? how so?" akane asked.
"aren't you worried about choking? or eating too much in general?"
akane simply shook her head.
"nah, but i'll be fine!" she said.
'now that i think about it, she might be fine. besides, all that food probably goes straight to her--'

sonia, gundham, and kaz showed up, interuppting my thought.
"morning" i greet.
"good morning, y/n! by the way, have you met gundham's four dark devas of destruction??" sonia asked.
". . . . ."

"you mean the hamsters in gundham's scarf..?" i asked, confused.
"the hamsters in my scarf, you say? you bite your tongue, mortal! these aren't just mere hamsters! these are powerful beings that have destoryed nations!" gundham replied.
'he's sounds a bit delusional..'
"um...alright" i say.

hiyoko then showed up.
"morning hiyoko" i said.
"morning! so, what was hajime doing in your cottage?" she asked, making me turn to kaz.
"kaz, what the hell?!" i shouted. "i didn't say anything!" he replied.

"that loser didn't need to tell me crap, i saw him leave your cottage this morning. now that i think about it, you're probably more of a skank than mikan!" she insulted.
"s-s-skank..?" mikan whined.

"hey, stop calling people skanks! also, haji can vouch for me. we weren't doing anything weird" i said.
"yeah, i just couldn't sleep last night and decided to--"
"that's what they all say. they always say that they were just hanging out when they were actually doing unspeakable things to each other" hiyoko said.

i was about to respond, but byakuya stopped me. "enough, both of you. we're supposed to be an alliance. we can't beat that bear if there's arguing" he said.
"be quiet, ham hands! you don't have the right to boss me around! besides, i never agreed to this whole alliance thing!" hiyoko retorted.
"it's a majority vote" byakuya replied.

everybody else started showing up, excluding fuyuhiko. after eating, byakuya started speaking.
"now that we've finished eating, i may have an idea to strengthen our bond as classmates. that idea being...a party" he said.

there were a few gasps.
"byakuya, no offence, but that's literally the stupidest idea i've ever heard of. like, we're in a killing game, what if one of us ends up dying?" i asked.
somebody dying won't be of anybody's concern. i won't let it happen, i assure you" byakuya replied.
"hehehe! he's so determined! i'm glad he's our leader!" ibuki exclaimed.

"anyway, we need to determine where to throw the party and how to stop monokuma from showing up there" byakuya stated.
"what about that renovation place next to here? it's empty, so it should be perfect" mahiru suggested.
"yeah, but it's all dirty!" hiyoko whined.
"that won't be a problem. somebody just needs to clean it" byakuya said.

the room fell silent.
'i guess nobody wants to clean it..'

"i might have an idea" nagito spoke, everybody turning to him. he had a handful of chopsticks.
"whoever draws the chopstick with the red mark on it has to clean up the building, okay?" he said.

everybody grabbed a chopstick. "huh? i have the one with the red mark?" nagito asked.
"for the ultimate lucky student, you don't seem very lucky right now" haji said.
'the irony'

"it's alright. i'm actually really good at cleaning" nagito replied.
"alright. nagito's on cleaning, i assume teruteru is on cooking duty.." byakuya spoke.
"yes i am. i, teruteru hanamura, will go all out to make the world's tastiest dishes for you all!" teruteru said.
"i'll tell fuyuhiko.." peko told us.

"let's go about our business then. after monokuma's nightly announcement, we'll meet at the old building" byakuya explained.
after that, we all left the resturant.
---------------------------------------------------------------
'guess i have some free time until the party. maybe i should hang out with somebody'

i went to find haji. after a few minutes of looking, i saw him by the supermarket.
"hey haji" i greeted. he jumped a bit.
"oh, hi y/n" he replied.
"wanna hang out for a bit on the beach?" i asked.
hajime nodded, a smile on his face.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
'i hung out with hajime on the beach'

haji and i laid on the sand, staring at the sky.
"this is nice. it's like everything is back to normal. we're not in a killing game, we're not on this island..." hajime said.
"mhm"

i turned to him, only to see him already looking at me.
"er...i never noticed how pretty your eyes were" he said, my face turning a bright pink.
"i- um- thanks. i also think that your...ahoge is nice" i replied.
hajime chuckled softly, a small blush on his face as well.
"thanks" he said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
since i still had a bit more freetime, i decided to find ibuki.
"hey ibuki" i said. as soon as she saw me, she got excited.
"heya, n/n!" ibuki said.
"n/n?"
"yeah! it's my nickname for you, and i think it's really awesome! wanna play our guitars together?" she asked.
"sure" i said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
'ibuki and i play our guitars together'

"can you only play acoustic guitar or nah?" ibuki asked, fixing her chords. "no, but acoustic is the one that i've practiced the most" i replied.
"if that's the case, here!"

ibuki held out her guitar to me. i sat my guitar against a wall. she then put the guitar strap around my neck.
"now, show me what you got!" ibuki exclaimed.
i played a few chords, which instantly got ibuki cheering.
"wooo! good job! no wonder you're the ultimate guitarist!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
i walked to my cottage, monokuma's night announcement playing.
it was time for the party.
==============================================================
ibuki's vibe is through the roof