✏chapter ten

hajime, nagito, and i walked into a supermarket.

"this is literally the biggest store i've ever been in" i say, looking around.
"well, who knows how long it'll be until we collect those hope fragments" nagito replied.

i picked up a bag of [favorite snack], staring at the bag for a bit.

"who are you staring at, hajime?"

i turned seeing the girl with purple hair.
"nah, i think she was staring first" i said.

"ah, uhhhh, um...um..you know..." she said, starting to cry. "..i'm sorry..!"
'why is she crying???'

"bullying a girl...not cool, hajime" nagito said, crossing his arms. "i didn't do anything!" hajime retorted.
"ah, so your name is hajime...if it's okay with you, may i please remember your name?" the girl spoke.
"o-of course..i don't mind you remembering it, but.."

"m-my name is mikan tsumiki, the ultimate nurse..from the bottom of my heart, i hope we can get along" she said, a nervous smile of her face.

"nice to meet you. i'm y/n l/n, the ultimate guitarist" i said. "and i'm nagito komaeda" nagito said.

"uhhhh...my mind is drawing a blank...from nervousness...and..i went through all the trouble of preparing five thousand different topics to discuss after introductions!" mikan whined.

"that seems a bit excessive.." i muttered. nagito smiled at her.
"it's okay if you take your time and remember slowly. we'll wait as long as it takes. we'll wait for you forever if that's what it takes" he said. mikan let out a small scream.
--------------------------------------------------------
as nagito talked to hajime about mikan's talent and stuff, i walked down an aisle.
"peeking, peeking.." a girl with weird hair as she scanned the shelves.

"um, hi?" i greeted. she looked at me.
"oh, haiii!! who are you?" she asked.

"i'm y/n l/n--"
"is this a guitar???" she asked, reaching for my guitar case.
"whoa! tell me who you are, then i'll maybe let you look at it later" i said.
'never get between a nonbinary and their guitar..'

"hm? oh, right! introductions are a go-go! i, buki, mio, da! put it together and what do you get? ibuki mioda! i'm the ultimate musician!" she exclaimed.

"really?" i asked, a bit surprised to see another musician on the island.
"yeah! more importantly, check out this bombastic supermarket! like, look at all this food!" ibuki said, holding up a bunch of different food items.
'she's a bit..hyper, but i like her vibe'

"um..this energetic young lady is the ultimate musician. she used to play guitar in an all-girl band that was super popular with other high school girls" nagito explained to hajime and i.
'she used to play guitar, too?? damn, she really is an ultimate!'

"but due to creative differences, she left the band to pursue a solo career" he added.
"creative differences?" hajime and i asked, both of us talking in quiet tones
"are you interested??!" ibuki said, joining the conversation.

"eh??" i said.
"you can hear that????" hajime spoke.

ibuki smiled. "duh! ibuki's a musician after all!" she exclaimed.
'now she's talking in third person..?'