✏chapter nine

my eyes opened, being met with a bright blue sky.
'what the hell..? where am i?'

i stood up. i dusted off my clothes. i then noticed a building.
'ah..that's right. i'm attending hope's peak academy' i thought, smiling.

'i don't even know how i was able to get scouted by this place. i'm pretty average'
as i walked towards the entrance, i tripped over something. i saw a guitar case.

'hm. i don't even know how i dropped it'

i picked it up, putting the strap over my shoulder. i made my way towards the entrance again. i was met with a dark area, only seeing a brown door.
'i guess this is it, huh? alright, y/n. you're gonna be surrounded by other talented individuals. maybe they'll rub off of you'

i took a deep breath and opened the door. i walked into a classroom filled with various students.
"whoa. these are the ultimates?" i said quietly, glancing around at everybody.

the classroom door opened again, making everybody turn to the door. a guy with a white shirt and green tie stood there.

"that makes seventeen" a guy in an all white suit said. "how do you know that?" another guy with pink hair asked.
"well, there were fifteen of us before, then two more people showed up. that makes seventeen"

suddenly, out of nowhere, a bunny popped up from behind a teacher's desk. a girl with purple hair screamed.
"what the hell???" a few students, including me, said.

"now, now, there's no need to scream. i'm perfectly harmless!" it said, smiling.

a majority of the students started freaking out.
"i-it's a talking stuffed animal!!" the guy with pink hair said.

"that's right! i'm a squeezably soft stuffed animal. i'm magical girl * usami! aka usami! i may not look like it, but i'm your squeezably soft teacher! nice to meet you all!"
'ah, so it's a girl. should've known from the voice'

"miss, there is no way in hell that you're our teacher..!" i said.

"um.."
usami grew sad for a moment.

"anyway! i'm here not only watch over you, but i'm also here to chaperone you guys on a field trip!" she said.

"a field trip...to school?" the guy with the green tie asked.

"well, not exactly"
just as she said that, the walls of the classroom fell, revealing a tropical island.

"what the- where the hell are we?!" i shouted as i tried to process what just happened.
"feast your eyes on this beautiful ocean..it's like your heart is being washed clean, isn't it? it washes away everything...even the bad things..." usami spoke.

"what the hell are you talking about?!" a guy with a babyface shouted.
"you guys don't have to keep yelling at me..." she whined.

"anyway, why are we here?" a girl with a cat backpack asked.

"like i said, this is a field trip. feel free to relax, talk, and explore all you want! but something i will absolutely not tolerate is any violence! no fighting, no hurting, and most certainly no killing! if you somehow forget these rules, you can refer to the e-handbook" usami explained.

"whoa, whoa, whoa. i don't care about that stuff, how do we get off of the island?" i asked.
"oh! to do that, you have to gather hope fragments! in order to get them, you have to spend time with your fellow peers!" she replied.
'hm'

"with that being said, i wish you all good luck on your future endeavors!" usami said, disappearing into nowhere.

"s-so what n-n-now?" the girl with purple hair asked. "well, she did mention something about exploring the island. maybe we should just split up for now" cat backpack girl said.

everybody just shrugged and went their own way. except for two people: the guy with the green tie and a guy with a green jacket.
'we should've introduced ourselves first..whatever. i guess i could start with these two'

i walked up to the guy in the green jacket.
"hi" i greeted. he looked at me.
"hello" he said.
". . ."
". . ."
'this is awkward'

"um..i'm y/n l/n, the ultimate guitarist" i said, showing a small smile.
"it's nice to meet you, y/n. i'm nagito komaeda, the ultimate lucky student" he introduced.

"you're the ultimate lucky student? that's amazing"

nagito gave a surprised look. "i don't understand how such a worthless talent like that is amazing to you" he said.
"it's because of the fact that you managed to win the raffle out of all those students! how'd you do it?"

he laughed a bit.
"it'll come to you as a shock, but...it was just my good luck" nagito said.

"...i'm not shocked"
"no, i actually have good luck. i still have bad luck, but i'm able to warp it to benefit me in the end. my talent is utterly useless. but it fits somebody as trash as myself, wouldn't you say?"
'uM'

"i..have no comment. nice to meet you, nagito" i said, walking over to the other guy.
"hi. i'm y/n l/n, the ultimate guitarist" i said.
"i'm hajime hinata, nice to meet you" he said.

i was confused for a second. "do you have a talent or anything?" i asked.
".......i just can't remember it right now" hajime said, looking down.
"oh. well, i hope that when you do remember it, it's epic"

he nodded, smiling a bit. "you don't have a talent, you say.."

nagito had popped up, scaring me. "jeez! don't do that!" i exclaimed. nagito laughed.

"my bad. anyway, i've looked at a website about hope's peak before to see who would be going there this year. i haven't seen your name on it, hajime. at least i don't think so"
nagito turned to me. "and i don't remember seeing your name either, y/n"

"maybe it's because i'm too average" i said.
"what? you're not average! you're the ultimate guitarist. if anything, i'm average" hajime said.

"thanks for that. but i'm still super average, despite being an ultimate"
"anyway, we should check out the rest of the island" nagito said. the three of us walked off to our first island location.
============================
i'm super excited now. also, i posted the last chapter too early[aka right when i woke up] and decided to write another one