✏chapter six

slight trigger warning, i think
--------------------------------------------------
before i knew it, school was back in session for the week. i spent the rest of my weekend sitting in my room, starting to take what izuru said to heart.

i sat at my desk, doing schoolwork. i was the only one in the classroom at the time, since i decided to do my work at lunch.
'is izuru right? is what i'm doing pointless? should i accept the fact that haji is gone? should i just...forget about him?'

*snap!*

i looked down at my pencil, seeing that i had broken the tip of it.
'no. i can't think like this. i promised chiaki that i would think positive. i can't let izuru manipulate me like this. i just need to calm down and figure out how to get haji back'

i stood from my desk, put my work into my bag, and left the classroom.
---------------------------------------
i had decided to take a walk through campus. i stopped in front of a hospital.
'i know schools have nurse's offices, but this- this is a bit much. but of course a place like hope's peak would have a hospital'

two people walked out of the hospital, one with short black hair and one with--

"oh my goodness! it's you again!" junko shouted, running over to me. i tried to run away, but she grabbed me and pulled me into a hug.

"it's nice to see ya! i dunno if you remember me, but i'm--"
"i don't fucking care. leave me alone" i said.

"but i can't! i feel despair radiating off of you! it's probably from when izuru said that your friend was gone!" she exclaimed.

". . . . . ."

"he's right, ya know" junko said, her voice becoming serious.
"your friend was a nobody. he shouldn't have existed. in fact, all of you talentless sheeps shouldn't exist"

tears started to fall once more.

"you know that i'm right. maybe you should go jump off of a cliff! nobody would care! not even that chiaki girl you hang out with--"

i punched junko as hard as i could.

"don't talk crap about my friend! i don't even understand why people like you exist!!" i shouted.

the girl with the short black hair ran at me, her army knife cutting my arm. i went to punch her, but she slammed me onto the ground. junko started laughing.

"do you feel that despair? it can make normal people do crazy things! you probably would've killed me if mukuro wasn't here! well, it's not like i would actually die, some people would carry on my legacy!" junko said, reverting back to her usual tone.

". . . ."
"anyway, c'mon mukuro. we have stuff to do!"

and with that final statement, junko and mukuro walked off.
i stood to my feet, covering my wound in an attempt to stop the blood. i then rushed into the hospital so somebody could actually stop the blood.
-------------------------------------
i walked towards the school gate, seeing chiaki standing there.

"hey chiaki" i greeted. "hey"

her eyes went to my reserve course uniform, the part of the sleeve where the blood from the wound soaked through.

"what happened?" she asked.
"i--"

i paused.
'i don't think i should tell her. i don't want junko sending izuru to attack any of my friends'

"i just fell, but i'm fine" i told her. chiaki smiled.
"i'm just glad that you're alright, y/n"
'i swear, chiaki's the bestest friend anybody could ever have. but now i feel guilty about lying to her'

"hey, there's an arcade nearby. wanna go?" she asked.
"um, sure. despite the fact that i'll lose all the games because you're the ultimate gamer, but--"

"it doesn't matter if you lose or win, just as you're having fun" chiaki said, grabbing my hand and pulling me along to the arcade.
=====================================
*book slowly morphs into a chiaki x reader*

honestly, i hate junko. when she killed chiaki, it hit different. mukuro's cool though