Chapter 241: Battle for Oni Hill Begins (Season Finale)

Start from the beginning

"Alright then," GrizzlyDiamond gripped his sword with a solemn gaze. "Do I take the rear?"

"No." Brilith shook her head and then revealed a wicked smile. "There are more suitable candidates." Brilith walked over to the orcs. "Ragelock, why don't you and your orcs bring up the rear? We will provide support."

Renark Ragelock's brows instantly furrowed. There were only 3,000 orcs present, and they were more suited to attacking than defending. This was especially so when one considered the orcs' favored attire of animal hide skirts and next to nothing else. Renark did not believe for a moment that Brilith was unaware of this trait. "Orcs are not suited for defense."

"Maybe so, but we need you to prove you are with us." Brilith's emotionlessly sharp gaze pierced Renark's.

"We?" Renark frowned. Did he miss something?

Brilith chuckled and then pointed at the leaders of other unaffiliated factions. "You should understand. Orcs aren't beings that can easily be trusted. I tried to vouch for you, but it seems my influence is not as strong as I thought."

'This foul woman!' Renark heard the double meaning in her 'confession.' Brilith was still upset that Renark had defied her to join this expedition. So, she decided to make him pay for that insolence.

Renark gritted his teeth as he glanced at the leaders. This was the exact thing he was fighting to stop. Orcs had lived too long under the humes' boots. This was not helped by the fact that orcs constantly fought and killed each other for the little territory and food that remained. Renark's goal was to make orcs a force to be reckoned with. Only then could they avoid situations like this one, where humes ganged-up on them.

The Orc Chieftain cursed but then eventually said, "Fine. The orcs will take care of the rear." Rage flashed in Renark's eyes, but he turned and called to his people, "Let's cover the weaklings' retreat!"

"Huoooo!"

The orcs shouted with vigor and then marched to the rear with fierce expressions.

Brilith smiled and then turned to some of the unaffiliated leaders. "DriedPlum, FarSeeker, have your squads support the orcs." She then looked at her own men. "Grizzly, you're with Rono and me. Your squad will lead the attack on the Order." She then looked at the others. "Hon-chan, I doubt your illusions will work on undead. Support Grizzly with heals. Reaper, keep an eye on our flanks. Have your mages rain hellfire on any undead that go around the orcs." Brilith looked at the massive mountain range west of her.

To be honest, both Brilith and Sonic only really needed to worry about the south. That was because Oni Hill's entrance was shaped like a fan, with the gate being the smallest part. The mountain range extended to the southeast and southwest for several miles, forming a natural barrier.

Sonic and Brilith's forces were practically plastered against the southeastern and southwestern walls, respectively. So, their only concern was the open space in the south. Presumably, some other force should have teleported there to fill up the gap.

Unfortunately, for whatever reason, that force had yet to arrive.

Brilith would have charged ahead with her army were it not for that gaping hole. Either the Chaos Order or the undead could easily outflank them if she was not careful.

'Tsk.' Brilith clucked her tongue. "Slayer, Rono. You're on standby." Her gaze turned vicious as she looked at Renark and then Sonic off in the distance. "An opportunity just might present itself amongst the chao—"

Buuuu!

A loud warhorn interrupted Brilith. The Commander-General's gaze shifted. That warhorn was used to signify confirmation of enemy sighting.