🖤

Laura POV

Laura shrieked as she threw her phone to her feet in surprise. Jackson crawled over protectively as she tried to push the device further away.
"What happened? Who messaged you?"
"Jimin!" Her voice was full of hesitation as she let his name roll over her lips.
"Jimin? Park Jimin?" Jackson started to laugh as he reached for her phone.
Laura nodded fiercely her head, eyes huge as she still tried to get away from her phone.
"First of all. I am glad that he did not call you or worse video call you. Poor boy, he would have the scare of his life with your reaction." Jackson handed her the phone back, bringing her hand to clench it tightly. "Also, I am glad that he finally decided to contact you."
"How are you glad about that? What did you do, Jackson Wang?" She playfully took her roommate by the collar of his shirt as she understood that he was involved in this somehow.
"Nothing, just helping two friends discovering a way to talk to each other."
"And why do you think we need to do that, Jackson?" Laura was still not confident about her feelings in this matter. Yes, it was nice to be able to talk to him, but was she ready to let him be part of her chaotic life.
"Isn't that obvious? You both are attracted to each other." Laura laughed out loud, finding it very funny that Jackson assumed that Jimin could have any interest in her.
"Why are you laughing? Do you not like Jimin?"
"The wrong question my friend! Why do you think he even finds a liking in me?" She was curious to know why Jackson was assuming that the most handsome man, she had ever seen, would be inclined to her.
"Oh my God. Are you blind?" Jackson was acting overdramatically. "Yesterday he followed your every move, he looked pissed when that bitch went to talk to you and even jealous when we performed our little drama. Also, Namjoon told me that he likes you."
"Ah okay. I get it now. You have a little informant in BTS. And how is Namjoon doing these days?" Laura intentionally changed the topic, needing a moment to let her friend's information sink in.
'Did Jimin really liked her? What should she do next? Could she give this a chance?'
She was so focused on her thoughts that she did not hear Jackson next to her.
"Stop dreaming and text him back. Poor boy must be waiting with his phone in hands." Jackson held her smartphone in front of her face. She still was not sure what to do but before she could complain, he interrupted her.
"Here, take it. Also, no, you are not cruel for wanting to have someone special in your life."
He knew her so well even after only this short period of time. Often, she felt that meeting them that night had been fate.
"But what if he knows?"
"He doesn't! With my endless chats with the BTS leader, I can 100% tell you that they have never been in contact with PopIdol or Claudia."

Laura felt relief wash over her, hope rising that there might be a chance for her to get closer to the man that occupied her mind almost every minute of the day.
"Now will you text him back! It is only a text, not a promise to marry him." Laura hit Jackson with her pillow.
"Okay, my friend I will. However, I only do it if you take your phone and also text the man that has the sweetest crush on you."
Jackson raised in eyebrows in confusion.
"Don't play dumb. You are well aware of the effect you have on him. Also don't deny the effect he has on you. I don't know why he is willing though to wait for you to come to him. God knows, most of the women and men go weak if he smiles."
"Yeah, okay I've got it. I will text him but so do you with Jimin."
As Laura looked at her screen, thinking about how to reply, she saw Jackson's lips lift into a smile. She yearned to be as happy as he was.

 She yearned to be as happy as he was