Chapter 231: My Path

Start from the beginning

It didn't matter where the attack came from. Fang Ling only had to kick the air to change his body's trajectory to bypass it. Even more astonishing, the midi's ki-control was exquisite. He always chose the minimum amount of ki required to push cross a precise distance, rarely ever over or undershooting his target.

Fang Ling's mobility allowed him to dance circles around Kashi without ever getting hit. Eventually, though, he began pushing in, closing the gap between himself and the daeben.

Kashi took a step back to increase the distance. At that moment, an image of Razznik flashed through his mind. 'Is that your way? Will you retreat!?' "Fuck off!" Kashi's eyes burned. Strangely, despite his words, he no longer took that step back. Instead, he stomped on the sandy ground.

"Shit!" Fang Ling cursed just as he broke the one-meter boundary. Boom! Dun! He kicked backward, barely dodging a geyser of sand that shot up in front of the daeben. He barely had time to regain his balance before a host of ki-arrows shot out from within the sand curtain.

The sand curtain robbed Fang Ling's line of sight to Kashi. This, in turn, robbed him of the opportunity to read Kashi's attack from the bow. As a result, he was unprepared for the storm of arrows fired from beyond the sand.

Fang Ling's eyes narrowed. He was forced to rely on acute vision and superior instincts to barely dodge the never-ending arrows. Tfft! Blood poured. The midi looked at the injury on his right arm with a smile. "Good job, kid. Seems I can take this a little seriously, after all."

Before Kashi could question what Fang Ling meant, the midi's ki suddenly exploded outward, scattering the incoming arrows but then condensed a second later. Fang Ling's lips curled up as he bounced in the air. "Now, let's try this again." Dun!

Kashi, who had been keeping an eye on Fang Ling with [Mind's Eye], grimaced as Fang Ling's speed doubled. The midi zig-zagged through the arrows to appear before the sand wall. Upon reaching the wall, Fang Ling's eyes shone as he kicked out twice in short succession. Balls of ki shot out from his legs and slammed into the wall.

Boom!

The balls exploded as they hit the sand wall, tearing open a small hole. Dun! With a firm kick, Fang Ling zipped through, thus appearing before Kashi with ferocious momentum.

Fortunately, Kashi was ready. The daeben met Fang Ling's kick with his fist. Boom! Sand and dust scattered for several meters as the two colossal forces clashed. Kashi's superior strength sent Fang Ling flying back.

But.

Dun! With his first kick, Fang Ling stopped his backward flight. Dun! With his second, he flew above Kashi, DUN! His last kick sent his heel crashing down toward Kashi's head. The entire sequence took less than a second. In the eyes of others, Kashi had just punched Fang Ling away, but then the midi appeared above the daeben,

BAM!

Kashi's left arm snaked upward and caught Fang Ling's heel. He made to pull the midi, but Fang Ling spun in place, sending his left heel crashing toward Kashi's neck. Recognizing the danger, Kashi released Fang Ling's heel and then bent backward, so the midi's foot sailed harmlessly past.

Kashi was not one to only be on the receiving end of punishment. He gritted his teeth and dropped his hand to the ground. Once his fingers touched the sand, he flung his arms upward and then crossed them.

Whoosh!

Sand erupted at either side of Kashi in the shape of scythes and then cut toward the midi above.