Chapter 228: I Want to Fight

Start from the beginning

BOOM!

The machine violently shook as Suzuki's fist barrelled into the mitt. Whoo. The young man let out his breath and then stood up. Hm. That felt way more powerful than anything he had ever put out. To confirm his suspicions, Suzuki looked at the score screen, whose numbers scrambled as if unable to correctly ascertain his score. Eventually...

1,134 lbs.

Suzuki's mind blanked. He stared at the incredulous number and then at his own fist. What the hell!? He knew his body best. There was no way in hell he could put out something that heavy with his build. 'Wait a minute.'

Newton's law of motion. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. This was reality. Ki and Magic did not exist. If he was putting out those numbers, then...

Suzuki took off his hoody and sneakers, then switched the machine to weight mode. His eyes twitched as he stared at the number on the screen.

95 kg.

Haha... Someone was playing with him, right? This had to be a prank. Suzuki removed his shirt and examined his body. Yeah. Not to brag, but Suzuki was someone who took extra care of his body and weight. His muscles were of the lean variety, the type that was not obvious except he wore a skin-tight shirt. Those tiny muscles had up to 95 kg of weight? On a body that was not up to 6 feet tall?

Could someone please explain what the hell was going on!

Suzuki could not comprehend it. Ninety-five percent of his time the last three months was spent in the Virtual World. It was already weird that he did not lose muscle mass considering his sustenance most comprised of the Full Body's nutrient solu...

Suzuki's gaze turned sharp. The nutrient solution. Could there be something wrong with it? Did Genaco put something in there? The longer Suzuki considered it, the more likely it seemed. That was the only explanation for how he suddenly grew stronger despite sleeping all day.

'How many?' How far did this go? Was this something Shouyou did to mess with him? Suzuki frowned. Or was this something affecting everyone on the compound? No. Maybe the whole world?

Suzuki gritted his teeth. "Sons of bitches." What was Genaco's end goal? Suzuki frowned as he looked at his fist. Well, in the end, it did not matter. He had confirmed one thing at least. Somehow, Genaco was strengthening him. There was only one reason to raise a bunch of strong warriors.

It seemed the battle Akari talked about was real and not some scare tactic. 'Will I have to kill someone?' Suzuki shook his head. There was no point in worrying about some distant future. He would deal with that when it came to it. In the meantime...

Bzzzz...

Suzuki wore his clothes and then took out the vibrating phone from the hoody's pouch pocket. Genaco sent a notification that the first team battle would take place on Monday, 8th July 2024. Suzuki did the math. That was nine days. With time dilation, forty-five days, or just over six weeks. Good, it would not clash with Kashi's battle.

Suzuki looked at the extra prompt. A mild warning from Genaco, if you will. 'Teamwork is paramount in the completion of these battles.' Teamwork, eh... Suzuki frowned as he thought of his team. "Don't need it." On this, he agreed with that fake Razznik. Teams? Bah. Who knew when they would turn around and stab you in the back. The only thing a man could rely on was himself. The one thing no one could ever take from him was the training and knowledge required to climb the problematic tower to the top.

Suzuki had climbed that tower alone all his life. He would not seek assistance now. The young man tucked his hands in his pockets and then walked out of the training center. Usually, he would stay and workout for an hour or two, but his hands were itchy. They were shaking. Ever since Kashi faced Razznik in that... wherever the hell that was. Suzuki could feel his hands shaking.