chapter 16

Audrey POV

I walked to my mother's steps in New York. I whip my tears and pick my suitcase up, knocking on the door.

"Audrey? What are you doing here. Your suppose to be in Las Vegas." mother opens the door wide.

"Well. I have some news." I slowly say. I walk in and see a younger man on the couch.

"So do I." Mother smiled. I raised my brow. She took my hand and led me to the couch.

"Audrey. This is Jack.... My fiance." She says. My jaw drops.

"Fiance!!" I yell standing up.

"Honey. You known I've been lonely for a long long time."

"I know. I guess... I'm not used to it." I whispered."hello Jack. I'm Audrey." I introduced

"Hello Audrey. I'm Jack Hamilton."He smiles. He takes my hand and plants a kiss.

"Jack here is a lawyer." Mother smiled. Gazing up at him. Jack kissed her gently.

"Well. Your mother is the cutest nurse I ever saw!. He smiled.

"Oh , you! Mother playfully snaked his chest.

Elvis POV.

I knew Audrey didn't mean this. She loved me and I know it. Something has to be the matter.

"Babby."Priscilla called for me. I looked back. She was naked in my bed.

I sighed and buttoned my shirt up. I walked over and kissed her bare shoulder blade.

"Why, can't it be me Elvis. You only call me when things are complicated." She turned towards me tears shining in her eyes.

"I know cilla, I don't know why. But I need you and Audrey." I say.

"Have you told her?" She asks. I shook my head no." So, I'm your dirty secret Right?" She shouts tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Cilla no. When the Times right I'll tell her the truth. " I say. She shakes her head. Getting her close.

"When the Times right! It's Been 3 months!!!" She shouts. I wrap my arms around her letting my head rest on her shoulder.

"Dont....leave. I'll tell her. I promise." I whispered.

"Call her. Tell her now." She demands "or this is done, what ever this is." She faces me.

Audrey POV

"So, he almost tripled walking towards me. He was soo nervous." Mother says in between giggles.

"I was not! I just tripped on accident." Jack smiled

"I'll get it." I yelled the ringing grew louder.

"Hello?" I said through the telephone.

"Audrey." I hear a southern accent echo. Elvis.

"Elvis, why are you calling. Is everything okay?" I panic. It was silent.

"I-I gotta tell you something." He stutters. My heart beats faster.

"What?" I breath out.

"For 3 months.... I've been seeing P-Priscilla." He says. I grip the phone. Sliding down the wall.

"W-What!" I yell. "All this time, you lied to me..." I shout. Tears rolling down my face.

" I'm sorry Audrey. I really am. I never meet to hurt you." He says.

"Ha. Never meet to hurt me." I laugh harshly. " You can have this engagement ring back." I say then slam the phone down.